Home Forums Explore Media Acrylics Different Strokes: January 2018

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 239 total)
  • Author
    talisman

WELCOME TO THE January 2018 DIFFERENT STROKES CHALLENGE
        [/SIZE]
        If you would like to host a Different Strokes, please see the Schedule thread here https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/show….php?t=1302516

Please read carefully the guidelines below.

GUIDELINES:
        On the first of each month a reference photo (or photos) or an idea or subject will be posted in a thread entitled “Different Strokes”.

All entries must be for this challenge and in acrylics – any type of acrylic.

Join in the discussion about the project – it’s friendly and fun to learn how others are coping/struggling/thriving!!! But no visual images!

Help can be gained from asking but also from looking for resource materials elsewhere – the RIL e.g.

A ‘reveal’ date for all is 21st of the month – that gives us 3 weeks to make the work, plus an extra week for latecomers.

**PLEASE DO NOT UPLOAD WORK TO THE THREAD BEFORE THE 21ST OF THE MONTH.** Much more exciting and fun to see what ‘masterpieces’ appear! If work is uploaded early it will be moved to a safe place until 21st.

At the end of the month the thread /discussion will be closed and a new challenge will begin.

**Please note, the single ‘reveal’ date is chosen so that we do not influence each other with our individual interpretations …… that’s the whole point of it being called ‘Different Strokes’!

By all means ask questions in the thread or initiate discussion about the challenge – just don’t post images!!!

The challenge this month is “In a Song”

Musicians create such amazing visual images in our minds with their music and lyrics.
        Please create an artwork from the images in a song.
        Please list the Musical Artist or Group and The Song Title.
        Also include any lyrics that are [/SIZE]relevant to the artwork.
        Or all or the lyrics if you so desire.

So enjoy your LP’s, Cassettes, CD’s, MP3’s or streaming music and find something that inspires you!

Headphones not required but….they might be fun!:rolleyes:

[/SIZE]

Dianna WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art
        C and C always welcome.
        My DeviantArt Gallery

fedetony

Cool :)

Federico Garcia
            My Blog
            C&C always welcome :D

"...when someone gives a critique of your work, fear not. It usually means they like or care more of your work than when they just pat your back." - Tiago

maryinasia

fun! I have been looking forward to seeing what the January Challenge would be. Now I’m looking forward to all the interpretations!

bluefish

you have excluded all my 78 RPM’s……Al Jolson, etc……just kidding……:lol:

Narrowing it down will be the problem!

Thanks Dianna …. I’ll try not to leave it too late this month!

Happy New Year!

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

talisman

you have excluded all my 78 RPM’s……Al Jolson, etc……just kidding……:lol:

Oh Blue I’m so sorry! :lol:

I’m looking forward to the art and the different musical tastes, it should be fun.

Dianna WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art
                        C and C always welcome.
                        My DeviantArt Gallery

This really sounds interesting and may require a lot of thought. I love so many different types of music. I have just been watching a tribute to Doc Watson on PBS……a lot of history in music.

[FONT=Lucida Calligraphy]Let your smile reach your eyes, keep your words always kind, and remember......love opens all doors.[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Old_hobbyest

I’m in. I think I know just the perfect music to accompany my ptg.

I never listen to music when painting .. I like to concentrate on one or the other!
                            I think I’ve chosen but planning the comp might be a challenge!:lol:

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

Purple Haze is just too obvious. So is Don’t Eat the Yellow Snow.

A painting is never really done as long as I can get my hands on it.

I think I have an idea. :)

"None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm." - Henry David Thoreau

Moderator Acrylics Forum~~~Reference Image Library

Rhinestone Cowboy sounds easy!;)

Cheers, Maureen

bluefish

how about…..”:music: tip toe naked thru the tulips :music: “….you could post in the ‘floral forum’ also!…..:smug:

That’s interesting Maureen. I find I can concentrate longer on painting if I have something to listen to.

C&C always welcome. Michelle

mkmcreations.com
                                Every painting is a new adventure.

I’ve tried so often Michelle …. I just tune it out!

Cheers, Maureen

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 239 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.