Home Forums Explore Media Colored Pencil New Pencil Storage

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    XpP

Hello everyone.
        Today I am very happy about a new item that came to my possession and I want to share my happiness with you. It’s a brand-new Wooden Pencil Case fresh out the oven!!! So without further ado…

XpP

XpP

For each drawer I’ve made a table of Color Swatches for the pencils that that drawer holds. It shows how a pencil actually works under normal use, burnishing and gradation. It also contains information about Lightfastness, the color name and number the manufacturer gave them.

XpP

XpP

Placeholder 5

ajkon

Wow, now that’s a pencil case.
                            AJ

Pingpongfan

Absolutely beautiful woodwork. Was it made just for you? It is a perfect pencil storage box.
                                Vena

birdlady

WOW geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez that is awesome.. and bet pricey too .. what a great thing to have for the pencils home

Laurie

Sarosna

Wow…I’m super jealous. I just store my Polychromos in their original metal casing.

ManedWolf

Now that is impressing! Is it off the shelf or custom-made?

Sarosna, so do I – but in vintage tins!

Heikki

himawara

I have also wooden drawers for storage. But they don’t look as good as yours! But I like the wooden feel of them.

Smudger

Thats Rolls Royce standard! :clap:

"Even when working from nature, one has to compose. No art was ever less spontaneous than mine."
                                                    Edgar Degas.

XpP

I knew you will like it as much as I do!!!

Absolutely beautiful woodwork. [COLOR=Red]Was it made just for you?[/COLOR] It is a perfect pencil storage box.
                                                        Vena

Now [B]that [/B]is impressing! [COLOR=Red]Is it off the shelf or custom-made?[/COLOR]

[B]Sarosna[/B], so do I – but in vintage tins!
                                                        [IMG]http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/04-Nov-2014/151084-PAW.JPG[/IMG]
                                                        Heikki

It is homemade and the only-one of its kind. I’ve made the designs and a relative of mine made it.

WOW geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez that is awesome.. [COLOR=Red]and bet pricey too[/COLOR] .. what a great thing to have for the pencils home

Laurie

Since it’s homemade I can’t give you an actual price. But if you take the daily wage of a Master Carpenter working full time for two and a half weeks, add to that the cost of the materials (wood, glue, varnish etc), add a reasonable profit for the business that it needs to stay open, add also any extra fees that may apply to your country (like taxes) and you’ll get a rough estimate of what you’ll have to pay if you make a custom-built order for something like this.

I have spend many hours designing it. Because it may be a beautiful piece of woodwork, but if it wasn’t factional it would just be another pretty furniture. For example, I don’t know if you’ve noticed but the grooves for the pencils are shorter than the pencils them selves. This was not made to save wood. It is by design. If the grooves where as long as the pencils there would be no easy way to take a pencil out of the drawer. There would simply not be enough room for the fingers to easily grab a single pencil. But by having these lowered spaces there (one on the tip and one on the head of the pencil) I can just press one side of the pencil and the other will be lifted right up, making the task of grabbing a single pencil easy as pie. Take a look at the photos bellow to see what I mean.

Who knew how useful a kneaded eraser can be!!! Look at it acting as a Stand-in for my finger while I take the photos!!!

(Why can’t I edit my post No5? I was saving it as a placeholder for these images but I can’t find an edit button.)

Nick7

It’s beautiful. Thank you for sharing :)

"Persistence, and practice will get you where you want to be, even though you will go through some 'dark' stages"

TessDB

Why can’t I edit my post No5? I was saving it as a placeholder for these images but I can’t find an edit button.

Posts can only be edited within the first hour of posting. Outside of that time frame, you’ll have to ask one of your friendly neighborhood mods to take care of it for you. At this point, I can remove it if you’d like?

This is a very cool way to store your pencils. :thumbsup:

Rosemary

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]Rosemary (aka Tess) - [/color]
                                                                [FONT="Book Antiqua"]How does she do that??? Find out here:[/color] Celtic Art 101

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
                                                                [/left]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.