Home Forums Explore Subjects Artwork from Life Scavenger Hunt #550: July 20-28 2018

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Munin Raven

Welcome to the Scavenger Hunts!

If you’ve done at least one Scavenger Hunt and have time to host one, we’d really appreciate it! You can sign up by posting your name and the current hosting list stickie on Artwork from Life forum: https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366347

Rules for Hunting:
        * All items on the list must be sketched from life–not imagination nor photo references
        * Each object you draw can count for only one item on the list, no matter how many shapes/parts/colors that object contains. This was agreed to by unanimous vote among the participants
        * You may place multiple objects together in a drawing or painting, and may count those objects as separate list items, but no single object can count for more than one list item.
        * All items posted must be numbered. Count them as you go. The first item you sketch and post will be #1 regardless of its place on the list. Do them in whatever order you wish, but count them in the order in which you sketch them, from 1 to 26.

Do as many or as few items as you like; you don’t have to finish the entire list to participate! You don’t have to comment on every post, but comment, if and when you can.

Scavenger Hunts last for 9 days, with the next hunt starting on the 9th day.

Please tell us your size, surface, medium, and the amount of time it took you to do each sketch. We love hearing about your subjects and setups. Photos of your subjects are also welcome!

—————————-

Up above
        Down below
        Over there
        One of a pair
        In or out (choice)
        Short or stout (choice)
        Round and round
        The sky, the ground (choice)
        Side by side
        When worlds collide
        Inbetween
        Rarely seen
        Keep at bay
        Do not drop
        Thrown away
        Gathered up
        Rust or rot (choice)
        Hole or slot (choice)
        Smelling nice
        A personal vice
        A path explored
        A view adored
        Song of colour
        Rhythm and rime
        A poem of shapes
        An ode to line

Challenge: Where choice is given, try to depict both options at least once

Have fun :)

"I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it. " Elwood P. Dowd

Sketch-Blog
        White Pen

Heya , in with gin …😂 joke , its beer oh its pen on paper , Thought should give the Hunt a twist and use the paper of the bar tender board and pen , oh this is small a challenge for its one . This time im in with just a few things from the cool list . Seems after a few beer wich is premium Lager the pen is doing fun moves ,

Tonight im going the wild side of WP ….Cheers

Humor is just another defense against the universe.........On-Line Homebase........

Eye

Munin: Thanks for the list…

WP: Great job … very loose :lol:

#1 Side-by-side … cups in office … done with MicrosoftPaint using a mouse

Ai

Painting is my soul. My blog.
                https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/01-Feb-2009/4926-ai_signature_Feb09.gif

Eye

#2 a poem of shape — So I wrote and sketched with a poem in a sand dollar shape…done with Intense pencil and ink

…. Poem written by me …
                    “I am a round sand dollar on the seashore
                    When you are on the beach, step careful more.
                    Cause I’m small delicate and thin and I’m also a sibling of sea-urchin.
                    But I’m a special flatten class, which easily break like glass.”

I hope I do this right ..:rolleyes:

Ai

https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/01-Feb-2009/4926-ai_signature_Feb09.gif

jmfletch

Munin – Thanks for the list.

WP – Beer art! Nice work. Hope the morning after is not too bad. Did you leave the art as a tip? :wink2:

Ai – digi is nice especially done with a mouse. Love the poem and the sand dollar.

Keep sketching
                        Joe

“The act of art can be so relaxing after you get over yourself.” - Quoting Robin

eyepaint

Munin – thanks for the new list. A real head-scratcher.

WP – look at you first to post sketches. Groovy skull.

Ai – your sand dollar and the accompanying poem is so …. wonderful! Wow! :) :) :)

-- EP Moderator for:
                            All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Eye

#3 Gathered up — watercolor + ink + gouach background, done in my A4 deluxe Aquabee sketchbook

Ai

Eye

#4 Song of color — Miss Iris’s a maze globe …. done in direct watercolor

Ai

Eye

#5 smelling nice … “Dior — Tendre Poison”…done with acrylic ink

#6 one of a pair …. two old ink bottles …

Ai

A view adored :)

Water colour and a black colour pencil for finishing.

Jeroen, thanks for the list. No time to comment, still in the paint out. Back soon.

Number 1, favorite view – the view of the day. Ha.

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
                                            My website https://jocastilloart.com

Hi Jo. No, it’s Munin’s list. Thanks for the list Munin :)

M. Raven – really cool list

White Pen – great ballpoint work

Ai – love the digi mugs, oh, neat idea for combining poem with sketch…..OH!!! wow, love the brushes and the red background really makes them pop up and say “Me, Me….pick Me!!”
                                                oh , more direct watercolor sketching…..so nice to see you get to do some art. I save old ink bottles too. The ink bottles now adays are so beautiful….I expecially like the iroshizuku bottles….lots of good quality ink too. So many different inks on the market these days, too, eh….

Jeroen – lovely landscape

Jo – I like all the little glints of color in your sketch…..alot like your colorful pastels.. :)

I visited my daughter this weekend and she is a weight lifter…….and her significant other is into boat building. These are some of his ropes in storage outta the moist.

round and round – wheels on cabinet
                                                In or out (basket drawers)
                                                sshort or stout – stack of weights
                                                1 of a pair….one side of the dumbell
                                                :wave:

Robin
                                                The mediator between head and hands must
                                                be the heart. Harbou - Metropolis
                                                http://virtualparsnip.blogspot.com/

Munin, thanks for the list. Jeroen you get extra credit for my mistake, right?

WP,love the fun. I’ll drink to that. Cute poem for short and stout! Your sketches always warrant a smile.

Ai, love the colorful mugs for my collection. Great poem and drawing. I like your gathered with the red. The maze globe is a good find. Nice bottles.

Jeroen, really nice view. I like the variety of greens.

Robin, very cool sketches and clever choices. Like the weights and the cart full.

I sketched on the porch in the big book this morning. The paint out is over so I may get back to a “normal” routine. I don’t know how Joan sketches and posts so much when she travels. I am exhausted. Hard on the brain to paint so fast and go to demos, lunches, (bars for wine), etc. Then dinner. We haven’t unpacked and gone for groceries yet. Tonight to Taos for supplies and music with Byrd and Street friends from Austin on tour.

Number 2, side by side – pens (and bonus first sketch here)
                                                Number 3, a poem of shapes – house across the way

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
                                                My website https://jocastilloart.com

jmfletch

Wanted to get something posted. Been playing with computers issues last few days. Will be back later to comment

1 – Do not drop. Egg

Keep sketching
                                                    Joe

“The act of art can be so relaxing after you get over yourself.” - Quoting Robin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.