Home Forums Explore Media Pen and Ink Tree in a pasture

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Joel L

Tree in a pasture. Pen and ink on watercolor paper with wash of watercolor pencils. The colors in the picture are a little stronger in real life. Poor lighting for my photo taking washed it out a little.

This is a tree I sometimes drive by on my way to and from work. The drawing really doesn’t come close to the experience of the tree. But I did enjoy the experience of drawing it.

Comments are welcome.

Shanec

Wow, the texture you’ve created with the watercolour pape is fantastic, I like this even more than the inkwork which is definately of a high standard.

Shane

https://artbyshanec.com

I think I’ve just worked out that you did a lot of fine hatching in the foreground/ground areas which gives the impression of canvas – amazing!
            I do also like the strength of that tree – and your other foliage …… beautiful work!

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

anchopancho

great work, love it!

tomt

This is a great landscape. I really like the addition of colour.

Joel L

Sorry it took me so long to reply. I got busy with RAGBRAI events then got smacked with a project at work and briefly forgot I had posted. Thank you for your comments! It means a lot to me. This is fairly experimental for me. I’m trying to find the balance of ink to color and line to texture. It was mostly fun and a little scary but just in the right amount to want to keep trying. Thank you, toowoomba. The water color texture was accidental (nature of water color??) but I liked it as well! I’m trying to decide what I think about the texture from the water with the texture caused by the line and cross hatch. I agree that the cross hatch has a canvas (fabric) type feel. I enjoy that look, unless it becomes too much. I didn’t think it was too much here, but I’m not sure that it doesn’t flirt with ‘too much’. Thank you all again for the comments. It helps to keep experimenting!

CIvA45

I love this, Joel. The texture is awesome. Cows are cute XD

“The sun shines down, and its image reflects in a thousand different pots filled with water. The reflections are many, but they are each reflecting the same sun. Similarly, when we come to know who we truly are, we will see ourselves in all people.” Amma :heart:

Joel L
                              Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.