Home Forums The Town Center Café Guerbois Speakeasy-Games That painting reminds me of…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Bodhi Peace

I don’t know if this will work but I hope it does. :clap: You look at the painting and if it reminds you of the style, mood, theme, color, etc. of another painting, you find an image :crossfingers: and post:

“That [perspective] reminds me of”
        ………..[*image*] :lol:

It doesn’t have to be famous, but it can. I guess it could be the same artist if it is sufficiently different. :thumbsup:

I’ll try starting.

Ballerina Nerd by Tansy Myer

Bodhi Peace

That expression reminds me of…

Dachshund Portrait by Bianca

snoball

Reminds me of Margaret Keane’s big eye paintings.

If you're asking me for advice, I'm going to assume that you've run out of rational options.
                My work on Facebook

Which reminds me of Lucian Freud, who also liked googly eyes…

Cheers;
                Chris

C&C of all sorts always welcome! (I don't mind rude or harsh criticism.)
                I suppose I have to do this too :p (my blog, & current work). My Visual Arts Nova Scotia page.
                Art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known - Oscar Wilde

The primary palette: Attention, observation, memory, imagination, integration, execution

AllisonR

Those flattened planes of color remind me of asian works, like this Ikenaga Yasunari

Being born places you at a greater risk of dying later in life.

http://www.artallison.com/
                    Bodhi Peace

Her clothes remind me of the colored patterns of….

Hans Hofmann, Equipoise

snoball

That reminds me of Picasso.

If you're asking me for advice, I'm going to assume that you've run out of rational options.
                            My work on Facebook

Terry 904

Which Piccasso reminds me of this guy, Alan Bond, the same that took the Americas Cup off the Yanks, but is famous for having said, when in conversation with an art advisor, ” so, this Picasso, worth having or what?”, and who later went on to have a pair of ancient and rare bronzes stripped of their verdigris because he didn’t like the colour, so painted them orange instead. It was many years later of course, that he’d acquired sufficient knowledge to fork out $40 mil of other people’s money on van Gough’s Irises. He took up painting himself in prison, and was pretty good too, but by then I suppose he’d learnt a bit about it.

Hope posting a photo doesn’t contravene the posting rules too much.

Terry

Bodhi Peace

That reminds me of this guy.

Crapped Out by teaberry123

Dcam
                                        Bodhi Peace

A little like Cuban Man Cuban Cigar by Atanur Dogan.

artofdarkness

This painting, called “Jesse”, by Zhaoming Wu

(I love this game!)

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Check it out! Daily Art Blog on Tumblr[/B] :thumbsup: | Twitter: @ArtAppreciated

Bodhi Peace

He reminds me of…
                                                    The man looks like Gandalf.

“Gandalf the Grey” by Cynthia Blair
                                                    (A wonderful oil painting I found on my search)

NRC

Denée, a pastel painting by Dianna Ponting found here

Nell

[SIZE=1][FONT=Arial Narrow][COLOR=Navy]I'm a fixer-upper. I like the puzzle of it all. I like to get myself into trouble and try to work my way out of it. I'm never going to run out of substandard stuff. [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial Narrow]Robert Genn[/SIZE]

Kosmon

That series of chinless portraits reminds me of . . .

Kos

Hemmed & Hawn
                                                            from
                                                            PERESTRELLO's BOX[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B]
                                                            Root, Bone, Sticks & Stone
                                                          Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 70 total)
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.