Home Forums The Town Center All Media Art Events WDE – Jan 26 – Young Corn Harvester

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    mbeckett

First time I have painted acrylic on canvas for a long time. i was trying for the Van Gogh challenge but it doesn’t look much like a Van Gogh. it is tough to do those gooey rhythmic strokes of his in acrylic.. it dries so fast! anyway, i still like it :)

somewhere between 3 and 4 hours. acrylic on 8 x 10 inch canvas.

Mike
        Etsy eBay
        Said Hamlet to Ophelia, ”I'll draw a sketch of thee;
        What kind of pencil shall I use? 2B or not 2B?”
        Spike Milligan

A very sweet child, Mike, so well done!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

tyree

Beautifully done Michael..she had such a sad little
            expression and you’ve captured it wonderfully !
            Thank you so much for joining in !!!
            tyree :):wave:

'art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known'.....oscar wilde

123harry

You’ve caught the expression, perspective and light of the ref well.

C&C always welcome.
                Instagram harry.hamill

Triduana

A lovely painting, you captured her expression perfectly. Lovely light and I love the pink and yellows. :)

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

No van Gogh, but very good!:)

eyepaint

You captured the body position just right – and that is a difficult thing to do. Well done!!

-- EP Moderator for:
                        All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

crispur2005

I like it too, it may not be Van gogh but it is definitely Mike Beckett.:thumbsup:

Christine :wave:

surob

Well done. I love the corn.

Susan

"Things turn out best for the people who make the best out of the way things turn out." Art Linkletter My RIL

artastic

Oh I love the stokes of genius. I agree it is hard to do a vangogh in acrylic

C&C always welcome -Bonnie-
                                    http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/04-Jan-2017/104250-banner.jpg

“It’s possible to have an awesome life, but it’s up to ourselves to do it.” Weekly Drawing Event, Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting now.

Totally agree about VG and acrylics!
                                    BUT, I do like your version of this sweet little girl (they set them to work young there don’t they? :eek:)

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

Hey Mike:wave: it might not be a VG,but i like it also:thumbsup: the figure is great and you have her face:clap: hmmm if i could cut and paste that face and put in mine.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/15-Aug-2012/6932-painting-sig.jpg

http://guilliartgallery.blogspot.com/2009/12/still-life.html

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.