Home Forums Explore Subjects Abstract and Contemporary Art Morning Has Broken

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    jimwhalen

I painted this last year and wasn’t satisfied with it. I pulled it out and did a wash to darken the upper 3rd of the sky. I think it’s done now.
        Acrylic on 24″ x 36″ canvas
        C&C please.

close up

The essential thing, for me, is to offer a visual expression of those things in our experience that words cannot express www.jim-whalen.artistwebsites.com
        Boafamily

Nice glowing vibe.

AKillArt

Gorgeous! At first glance it’s so tastefully simple, but the subtle details give it more complexity the longer you look at it. I love the textures at the horizon, and the way the bottom bleeds give the impression of tall grass swaying in the foreground. Reminds me of a foggy morning sunrise on the farm.

Greggo

whoaaaa!

There is much good art posted on WC,
                    but,
                    this is top level, museum quality ART!

Absolutely a visual treat, the subtlety is eye-catching
                    the blending is spot-on…the color choices ….
                    etc etc etc

greggo

https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/17-Jul-2013/110200-Tatrabanner.jpg [FONT=Times New Roman] Click here for>> WC FAQS >

A stunning eye-opener early this morning with the sun just breaking through. Jim, I think your revisiting this one paid off in spades. Truly awesome work!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

trufflecat

LOVE IT! It’s a little like the style I’ve been painting in recently (haven’t posted yet) but much much better — as well as more abstract. Great painting, Jim.

Art is never finished, only abandoned.-- Leonardo da Vinci :thumbsup:

http://www.susanbaileyart.com
                        Katie Black

Very nice. I like how it could be a multitude of different things.

It’s a great vista.

Katie Black Fine Art

"Life is far too important to be taken seriously." - Oscar Wilde

Eraethil

This is indeed a stunner! Well done. Excellent how you used such a variety of transitions/edges!

[FONT=Century Gothic] [FONT=Century Gothic]Comments and critique actively sought and much appreciated! [/SIZE][/B]
                                Rick. . . [/COLOR][/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. .[/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic] . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR]pigment storm fine art[FONT=Century Gothic] . . . watch the paint flow![/SIZE]

laf.art

I like the darker wash at the top it adds a lot more drama -cool piece

laf-art.com | Prints | FB[/U
                                    Instagram laf.abstracts

jimwhalen

Your comments are greatly appreciated. I must admit that such positive reactions took me by surprise.

The essential thing, for me, is to offer a visual expression of those things in our experience that words cannot express www.jim-whalen.artistwebsites.com
                                        DMSS

The dark at the top is a winner.

--David

jimwhalen

Thank you, David.

cmallav

Exciting and calming at the same time. Gorgeous!

jimwhalen

Thank you, Chaya!

Colorado_Ed

I love it. I especially like how the violet sets everything else off.

"The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

My blog: http://ejsherman.blogspot.com/
                                                            Instagram: edward_sherman

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.