WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Fiber Arts
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-22-2020, 09:42 PM
Administrator
Western Illinois

Hails from United States
Re: Stitch in Time January 2020

i need a new pair, this pair does have the glare relief but they've crackled by the nose piece. It's the strangest thing. I've never seen glasses do that before. the insurance replaced them already once for the same thing but I'm due a new pair anyway. These are Kate spade glasses, never buying that brand again!

Congrats on the critter. That's wonderful.

We had some mild weather today after a few frozen days, it was nice enough to get the ice off the patio so that was great.

I keep buying stuff to add to this embroidery I'm making but I haven't even started it yet.
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-23-2020, 07:49 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Virginia, definitely time to get new glasses. Yay, embroidery project. You have to get going so we can see it.

Got a dragon done last night. Onto the next critter. It sometimes feels like I'll never get them all done.
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-25-2020, 11:24 PM
Enthusiast
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada

Ugh I was getting on nicely but we had some snow on Tuesday/Wednesday and warmer day on Thursday and the plow came by. So Friday morning when I went to get groceries there was a foot of snow behind the car. So I grabbed a shovel to remove some of it. Except that overnight it had frozen it solid. So instead of a few scoops I end up chopping and hacking ice and throwing big chunks of ice. I didn't think about it until about 6pm when I tried to stand up and my body seized up, ouch.

So today was a total waste. I think next week I need to start working out at the senior centre this was too too shocking.

I got some knitting done but nothing else that i planned. I didn't even walk the dog because I wasn't sure I could pick up after her, it is a long way down and even longer and more painful way up....
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-26-2020, 05:41 PM
Administrator
Western Illinois

Hails from United States

Oh ouch! It's amazing how heavy ice and snow can be. We had the same thing, it didn't look too bad until I realized it was frozen. I broke a brand new shovel hacking at it. Finally used my heavy duty garden hoe to beat it up.

I swim a lot for exercise and I do the elliptical on alternate day. I have Rheumatism so those are both easy on the joints.

Hope you heal up nicely, that is the worse feeling, seizing up like that!

I just spent about an hour picking up buttons. I dropped a big cookie tin of them. They went everywhere! I wasn't bothered because I actually spent half the time looking at them and thinking of things to do with them. What a noise it made though.

I have so many projects to finish, including a coat for my dog and finishes on paintings and such. I need to make a list and follow it until I'm done.

Congrats on getting another critter done, Debby!
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-26-2020, 07:41 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Lena, so sorry to hear you are hurting so much. Take care of yourself. Sending healing energy.

Virginia, oh buttons everywhere! Buttons are fun to look at. I remember when my grandmother died. One of my cousins collects buttons and she was given grandma's button jars. It was a delightful afternoon looking through the buttons spread out on a queen sized bed as she sorted thru them. They were hers, but I got to look and help sort.

Took an "ooh shiny" turn. Prototype 1 and 1b have been made. Today I start prototype 2. If it turns out I'll take pictures. If not, it'll get thrown in the bin and forgotten as I go back to critter making (like I should be doing now).
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-28-2020, 11:28 AM
Administrator
Western Illinois

Hails from United States

Ohh shiny turn, that's the perfect way to put that.

I took an ouch turn. I broke my tooth in half. Fortunately, my dentist is amazing. He some new tech there that lets him make a crown in the office. So after a couple of hours being at the dentist, I have a new tooth. My jaw is very achy today but otherwise, it's not bad at all. Thank goodness for good dental insurance and a great dentist to boot. I was wrung out after all that though so I fell asleep last night at 7.

I have started on a small embroidery. I'm working out the design of the big one. I'm not very good at flowers so I making a whole bunch of flowers as a sampler practice sort of thing.
  #37   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-28-2020, 05:15 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Virginia, ouch with a broken tooth. Glad you had it fixed right away. Painful mouth is no fun.

Speaking of dentists, I've got to go this afternoon. In the meantime, prototype 2 is coming along. So far, so good.
  #38   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-28-2020, 07:47 PM
Enthusiast
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada

I am sort of functional again. But it is amazing how quickly this stuff affects me emotionally these days.
I had a birthday this weekend which I had totally forgotten about. I have been craving cake but I haven't been able to get to the bakery yet. Maybe tomorrow.
Meanwhile I just keep knitting.
  #39   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-29-2020, 09:46 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Lena, good to hear you are sort of back on your feet. Hope you continue to improve. You totally need cake. Glad you have your knitting.

So... my phone died. D E D -dead. I was in the dental chair reading an e-book on my phone while the numbing stuff went to work. One of the assistants came in to talk to me and when I looked at the phone again, it was re-booting. Got back to the menu, fired up the book and was reading. About 3 pages further along and the page won't turn. Then it went black. Nothing I did revived it. When I got home, I thought I'd try charging it. Nothing.

Now, normally, I don't care about the phone except for on teeny little problem, mom. She expects a phone call every evening and I don't have anything to call her with and no plan B. I imposed on my next door neighbor and used her phone to call mom. Today, DH insisted on getting up early and driving to the city to see if I could get it started again or replaced. We did it. The phone was pronounced dead. So I got a new one and made DH get a phone too. That way I have a backup plan of sorts. DH is off to work now and wasn't late as we had feared with a trip to the city. However, I'm sure he will be absolutely exhausted when he gets home tomorrow morning.
  #40   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-30-2020, 01:47 PM
Administrator
Western Illinois

Hails from United States

Hope you got your cake, Leah!

That's great about the prototype, Debby. Sorry to hear about your phone. I need a new one. My screen is slowly dying. I have to tap it very hard to get it to respond. We were going to get rid of our landline but our cable bill was cheaper with it than without it so we kept it.

My elderly neighbor has learned to text at almost 90. She texts me all the time, it's great I can text her to get her grocery list and such. We have woods behind our houses so we text too to tell each other when we see something interesting back there.

My husband didn't want one at first either now he texts me all day long!

We're going to be in the 50's this weekend! That's so strange for January but I'm looking forward to it. I'm hoping it melts the ice in my backyard.
  #41   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-30-2020, 07:07 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Virginia, that's great about your neighbor. My grandmother learned to e-mail when she was in her 80's. Used to correspond with her till she got to be about 98 when she lost her vision. Sadly she passed away at 104. Hope you can get a new phone without breaking the bank.

Yeah, our weather is warming up too. The trees and flowers are going to get confused this keeps up. We are supposed to see 50 on Saturday as well. With all the phone confusion and emergency trip to get a new one, I'm wiped out. No sewing got done as I'm trying to catch up on chores. Hopefully sewing will happen again tonight.
  #42   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-31-2020, 01:14 PM
Enthusiast
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada

Our weather is crazy too. Right now it is around freezing. There have been multiple weather fronts coming through and it is like a yoyo. It was warmer at midnight then at noon yesterday. My head can't keep up. Luckily we have a good foot of snow on the ground so the smaller perennials are good and covered.

I am just knitting. I ordered more yarn.... I had tried to order yarn early in the month and they didn't have it in stock. I got an email it was in and I ordered 8 balls of lovely red yard and a couple in contrasting colours. Though really I had found some in Micheals already but not enough so the shawl is red with green stripes.

I am thinking of doing an acrylic course at the senior centre with the teacher I had for water colours. I am not sure but I missed the water colour course.
  #43   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-31-2020, 08:12 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Lena, best to knit or paint. The weather is just going to do whatever it's going to do. Glad you got the yarn you were after. Always fun to get the exact supply you are looking for.

No sewing got done last night after all. My knee decided to act up and it was all I could do to get the chores done.