WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Pastels > WIPs (Works In Progress)
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#76   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-03-2003, 10:17 AM
Owings Mills MD

Hails from United States
Gaka, I can not say anything that has not been said before. Literally I sit here with tears in my eyes because this is such an astounding painting! Thank you for your willingness to go through this process and share it with us. I'm so with Sue when she said you need the right exposure... The right gallery, your work should bring at least 5 figures if not more!!! Take care, your humble admirer....

Sharon
  #77   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-03-2003, 11:29 AM
A WC! Legend
Raleigh, NC

Hails from United States
Gaka: I have been watching in fascination as this work has progressed - it's wonderful and I am thrilled for you!! AND, for the rest of us who get to view this over and over again at our leisure.

Are we all invited to come and see you in OZ?? LOL

#78   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-03-2003, 06:46 PM
Veteran Member

Blissfullyunaware.....There is an market somewhere in the world for every product or painting etc....all you have to do is find the market....Having said that, it is a very large haystack to find that needle Thank you for your comments.

Kyle.....I am re-writing the WIP including Q&A to submitt for an article so it will be available to re-read in the future hopefully. Are we all invited to come and see you in OZ?? LOL .....Geeeeezz if only we were all millionares, we could do World trips to see everyones live demonstrations, exhibitions, workshops, studios etc etc .....Oh well I guess that WC is the closest that we can get!!!

Gaka
  #79   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-04-2003, 04:48 AM
Immortalized
South Wales.U.K.

Hails from Wales
As you know Gaka, I'm absolutely in love with this beautiful piece of artwork, but must say what a joy it has been to follow from beginning to end, a WIP which I personally found fascinating watching the little fledglings and their individual characters emerge..... not to mention the skill executed in their development.

Thank you Gaka for taking the time to share this beautiful piece of work with us.

Good luck with article too.

Mo.
  #80   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-05-2003, 04:22 AM
Enthusiast
Tokyo

Hails from Australia
I don't get to this forum very often, I just pop in randomly when I have time and wow, what a great day to find this thread. Just gorgeous! Thanks for the detailed WIP.

Julianne
  #81   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-05-2003, 09:30 AM
Veteran Member

Mo.....Thank you for your comments....If I ever get any prints done you'll be the first to know.

Julianne....Thank you for taking the time to look at my WIP, You'll have to pop into WC more often or you'll never know what's happening.

Gaka
  #82   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-14-2003, 12:25 AM
Brampton, Ontario, Canada

Hails from Canada
WOW!!!

found your WIP just as I was going to crash for the night...well 1 hour later and I made it to the end but have joined the thread so I can find you again tomorrow. These little birds are exsquisite(spelt wrong). I am fascinated and have learned lot from the tools you have used to make this masterpiece!!
And your work station?? Boy do I have a lot of catching up to do LOL...just got my first set a week and a half ago...now I am up to 35 colours...and will be adding q-tips and tissue and that fancy tool u use...saw those the other day at the art store but didnt know what they would be used for.Now I know!!
Do you have anymore WIP in pastel floating around??
Darn Newbies eh??!!
Crystal
  #83   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-14-2003, 05:58 AM
Veteran Member

Hi there Crazyartist2000

I am very pleased that you found my swallows WIP....sometimes the smallest piece of information can make the most dramatic changes to ones paintings, It sound like you have grasped a lot of usefull information in the WIP.

Dont worry about my workstation....40 plus years ago I bought my first small box of oil paints, so you have years and years to got your collection together, beside I am a compulsive buyer of books, tools and art supplies!!!

I have an article in the Pastel Forum opening page, It is pastel Macaws....darn newbies!!...not a problem...I was a newbie once and for me to ignore you would be very selfish and ignorant of me to do so.

Macaw article link http://www.wetcanvas.com/Articles2/14892/269/

Seeya....Gaka
  #84   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-14-2003, 08:02 AM
Brampton, Ontario, Canada

Hails from Canada
Big Thank You

Thanks Gaka..heading there now.
So you know...I am nuts about birds...in B.C. I had 3 budgies and 4 cockatiels(my girlfriend adopted them when I couldnt bring them back to Ontario with me. I now have 2 budgies and my daughter has 2 lovebirds and a kitty. I am looking forward to being abled to attempt one of them soon Thanks again!!