Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Darkroom The Great Ocean Road

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Greenhill
        The Great Ocean Road is a 243km scenic route on the Victorian coast between Torquay and Warrnambool featuring spectacular cliffs overlooking the Southern Ocean.

MY FLICKR
        OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3[FONT="Georgia"]
        The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Anonymous

Cool Landscape. Looks like a nice beach too. I love the colours in the second photo!

mark, when were these taken? These are outstanding captures of a most spectacular setting. Woe, all I can say is WHAT A VIEW.

Photo #2 should go to print. I wish this photo came with sound. I would love to hear those waves.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
            Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Greenhill

Lorell, they were taken with a 5MP Olympus C5050UZ compact – 1998 archives (OMG, how time flies!)

It’s a popular destination, you just need patience and a little extra time getting there.
                Taken whilst the cavalcade was at one of many standstills for up to 45 minutes or so.
                There would have been plenty of time to go for a dip!

MY FLICKR

Greenhill

Cool Landscape. Looks like a nice beach too. I love the colours in the second photo!

Thanks Grant.
                    I’ll be back later to comment on other group member’s images. :thumbsup:

MY FLICKR

Mark, we recall of these people on their way to get the view you were taking photos of?

And in the middle photo of the first three photos you shared, does the sun ever rise or fall behind that rock formation?

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
                    Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Greenhill

Lorell, there are literally hundreds if not thousands of such views along the Great Ocean Road.
                        It is a mecca for tourists and locals alike, probably like Santa Anna Is.
                        I cant be sure whether the sun sets behind that big rock with the arch,
                        but it is close to Port Cambell so I’d only be guessing.
                        You might be able to figure it from the map, mathematically!

]GREAT OCEAN ROAD (large rectangle) > SANDRA AT HASTINGS (small rectangle) > WANGARATTA (top rectangle)

MY FLICKR

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.