Home Forums Explore Media Pastels Soft Pastel Studio and Gallery Prince Rupert Harbour 2

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Frances Obie

I wanted to explore the effects of mist and light again in this beautiful but wet place. This is a similar but different view from my previous painting…enjoying the negative space shapes created by clouds and light. 14.5″ x 27″ on hardboard. C&C’s welcome.

Frances

My Web Site
        water girl

Beautiful! The mist, your use of color and composition all work in harmony. Well done!

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Karen, IAPS/MC, PSA WC Moderator-Pastels

web site , Getting started in soft pastels., What you need to know, Critique Guide Lines

Donna T

You are getting such amazing watercolor-like effects, Frances! Like your last one, I love the beautiful layers of color and the way the misty light seems to settle in the mountains. This reminds me a bit of one of my favorite watercolor artists, Stephen Quiller. He makes the most of color harmonies too.

Donna
                C&C Always Welcome

Frances Obie

Thank you so much Karen!
                    Thank you Donna! This subject seemed to invite a watercolor- like approach. I wasn’t familiar with Stephen Quiller’s work but looked him up….love what he does with color and water media! I’m going to get one of his books to learn more.

Frances

My Web Site
                    robertsloan2

I love the moody mists in this one. Great sense of distance and atmosphere. Those hills look so wild, no roads or anything to suggest any way through them. It’s all uncharted land, there could be dragons… it’s wonderful!

Robert A. Sloan, proud member of the Oil Pastel Society
                        Site owner, artist and writer of http://www.explore-oil-pastels-with-robert-sloan.com
                        blogs: Rob's Art Lessons and Rob's Daily Painting

Frances Obie

Thank you Robert! Those mists do feed the imagination so it’s possible to see all kinds of wild things if you keep looking.

Frances

My Web Site
                            pastel65

Wonderful painting. Pam :wave:

Frances Obie

Thank you Pam!

Frances

My Web Site
                                  Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.