WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Colored Pencil
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-26-2017, 02:02 PM
A WC! Legend
Texas

Hails from United States
Re: Haven't heard anyone speak of this paper. Just curious.

I have used the cold press Fabriano 140 for watercolor pencil. I like a bit of tooth for the color to sink into once wet. I tend to like hot press paper better for dry colored pencil. Fabriano is my favorite paper for watercolors too!

My website http://ColoredPencilInfo.com
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-26-2017, 05:53 PM
Fort Worth, TX

Hails from United States
Re: Haven't heard anyone speak of this paper. Just curious.

In my experience getting a good paper is all on preference of the artist. In my experience I primarily use Bristol Board that has a smooth texture to it. Since I'm mainly into Watercolor, Acrylic, Pencil, and Dip-Pens with Acrylic Ink , I use that most of the time, it hasn't let me down yet. However I do admit that a Heavy Weight Cardstock Paper I bought for my printer has also done me good too.

At the time I was out of Bristol Board and was working with my Dip Pen during the time. It was by sheer curiosty that i tried drawing the pen on the Cardstock and it work great. The paper held up real well to the crowquill nibs I had when I first tried the test, this was back a couple of years ago mind you.

Because of the nature of my work, I'm usually kind of gentle with nibs, they feel so fragile I don't want to risk breaking them because I was too heavy on them.

However, as far as the cardstock goes, I was only able to find the paper in a pack of 250 8.50 X 11 inch sheets.

In my eye, the cardstock was a great investment if your on a tight budget like I am, however I wish they offered the same paper in larger sizes to I can do bigger works, like 11 X 14, or 14 X 17.

As for works done in colored pencil, the cardstock I've been using might be worth looking into if your looking for a paper that heavy and thick, cheap, and is sold in quantities way bigger than most paper pads on the market.