WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Colored Pencil
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-08-2017, 04:19 PM
Europe

Re: UK and other European artists - pencil, paper, supply info

I have bought pastels and paints: watercolor and acrylic,inktense pencils and watercolor pencils and brushes at www.artifolk.com they are in UK with worldwide delivery.
I have also shopped online at www.creativ-discount.de in Germany with delivery to EU and UK, bought watercolor pencils and acrylic paints, mixed media supplies, brushes.
I have shopped a few years ago at www.JacksonsArt.com has worldwide delivery, bought watercolor pencils, gum arabic fluid and iridescent medium and some paints, various papers and a small jar of pigment.

Last edited by Nerys51 : 01-08-2017 at 04:23 PM.
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-09-2017, 04:53 AM

Hails from Finland

Wow this is an old thread :O

I generally just order from https://www.jacksonsart.com/

The site is easy to use, I can change currency to see it in euros, prices are very reasonable, selection is huge, postages aren't that bad and I've never had any problems with getting my orders. I also like the reward point system.

I mostly order:
- Polychromos singles
- More rare pencils like Cretacolor Nero
- Watercolors (Rembrandt)
- Porcelain palettes which all arrived in perfect condition and very well packed
- Brushes (Escoda and Pro Arte Prolene synthetics)
- A lot of different papers: Hahnemühle (Anniversary, Bamboo, Britannia, Nostalgie), Fabriano 5 HP (sadly the surface has changed), Saunders Waterford HP, Bockingford HP, Botanical Smooth HP, Strathmore Bristol, Winsor & Newton and Daler Rowney cartridge papers

The thing that pleases me the most is their open stock Polychromos selection and their paper selection. You can not get Polychromos in Finland other than in sets. Papers also cost an arm and a leg here in Finland. A certain Finnish supplier has pads of Hahnemühle Cezanne in HP surface but the price for a 24x32cm pad of 10 sheets costs 25,50 euros. The Bamboo pads are just about the same but in Jackson's the same size pad of Bamboo costs 13,18 euros.

So....I can either buy 1 pad for 25 euros and pay Finnish postages (which tend to be ~5 euros or more) or order 2 pads for 26 euros and pay UK postages which are around 12 euros if I order some other stuff up to 50 euros total. So yeah....Finnish prices really bum me out.

One thing I'm worried about is Brexit though. If they go under toll fees and such...yikes! But I guess it's too early to tell.

Last edited by Sarosna : 01-09-2017 at 05:01 AM.
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-13-2017, 12:40 PM
Chester UK

Hails from England

I find www.curtisward.com cheap. UK

www.cowlingandwilcox.com UK

http://www.chromacolour.co.uk/ UK

http://www.georgeweil.com/ UK

http://www.pencils4artists.co.uk UK
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-13-2017, 02:56 PM

Hails from Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldrockchick

I ordered a bunch of pads from the artdiscount page a couple of days ago after I found the link in this thread, thank you for the recommendation! So looking forward to the delivery, should arrive any day now
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-13-2017, 04:37 PM
Immortalized
near Frankfurt in Germany

Hails from Germany

Young lady,
I am awstruck having seen your work on youtube. Just wanted to voice my appreciation and look forward seeing more from you and learning. Thanks a lot.

Cheers , Reinhard
How do you know you can't if you didn't try? And even if you failed the first time, try, try, try ..... one day you will succeed and be proud.
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2017, 02:42 AM

Hails from Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard1
Young lady,
I am awstruck having seen your work on youtube. Just wanted to voice my appreciation and look forward seeing more from you and learning. Thanks a lot.

Was that comment to me? Thank you in that case! Do you have any homepage where you post your work? Or is it a section here where you have your own pictures uploaded as a small gallery?

I'm still a a little confused by this forum and don't know exactly how it works and whats ok to talk about in threads and whats not, I don't want to hijack a thread so sorry for of topic question!
  #37   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2017, 05:47 AM
Immortalized
near Frankfurt in Germany

Hails from Germany

Yes, this comment was meant for you. And no, I don't have all that. I am at the other end of the age range so that would make no sense in my case. I always am interested to learn and you are such a tremendous source. Thanks.

Cheers , Reinhard
How do you know you can't if you didn't try? And even if you failed the first time, try, try, try ..... one day you will succeed and be proud.