WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > WC Site Technical Discussions
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#46   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-10-2010, 10:51 PM

Re: Suggestion Box

I was wondering if you could add a discussion thread for the topic "Murals". There are alot of people who work in this medium and I have been looking for inspiration in this area. Thanks for listening.
  #47   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-11-2010, 03:07 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hails from United Kingdom

Hi Debra, welcome to wetcanvas.

As most murals seem to be done in acrylics (is that true?) then a sticky thread in the acrylics forum might be a start?

Doug
  #48   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-11-2010, 08:21 AM
A WC! Legend
French Acadian from Nova Scotia

Hails from Canada

Is there a sub-forum for Murals?

~M

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
  #50   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-15-2010, 03:08 AM
Singapore

Hails from Singapore

I've got a suggestion. But it might sound a little silly. I found a box of Crayola Crayons in my art box a while back. It reminded me of my childhood days and I thought why not try to make some art using crayons. But then, I didn't know what to draw. So, I went online for some research and found that very few artist use crayons as a medium.

Maybe due to the fact that crayons are "meant for children". And maybe because of that, no websites have a tab for crayons, how to use them and the wonderful things you can draw with them.

So I was hoping that an admin might create a place where people are encouraged to use crayons to draw something and post it in that forum. But I know there is a need for demand before admins do anything.

But it's just a suggestion. Something I wanted to share. That's all.

My Blog My Website
  #51   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-15-2010, 03:24 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Why not have a go and post your picture in the Mixed Media/Alternative Mediums forum?

You might start a trend.

Doug
  #52   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-15-2010, 10:12 PM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from United States

A section for paintings/drawings/sculptures/photographs/fiber art/glass art/scratchboard art/etc dedicated to Food. pictures/ images of food by artists! all mediums accepted
  #53   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-22-2010, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.J.Lexie
HHmmm " push the darks " odd [ though , it is out of context here ], what does that mean ? I have an associates degree in art and been making art for some time and never heard of it , perhaps the person made it up or heard it from someone else so that they may not know it means as well . Also the person may not have noticed your inquiry , try a polite pm .
Well, this probably isn't the place for this discussion, but since I'm here...IMHO, pushing the darks means heightening the contrast by adding more darks. It probably came from the idea of "push development" in photography, where when a roll of film (remember that stuff?) was underexposed you could compensate by developing it for a longer period of time, thus making more contrast. So when someone says "push the darks" they're probably suggesting more, stronger or darker darks. Hope that helps...
  #54   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-05-2010, 12:41 PM
A Local Legend
California

Hails from United States

I would like to suggest that "Art Journals" be placed in the channels dropdown. Its in the box on the main page, but not in the dropdown that appears on all pages so that makes it hard to get to.
  #55   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-05-2010, 12:52 PM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

There's a bug affecting the Channels dropdown, it also affects other forums.

It is on the techies' list.

If you go to the Home page you will find it listed on the left side. It is also listed in Content Areas/Discussion Forums at the top of the page and in the drop down forum list bottom right.

Doug

Last edited by Yorky : 10-05-2010 at 01:22 PM.
  #56   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-02-2010, 11:57 PM

How bout the facebook link so when we post a reply we can choose to automatically post it to facebook. i have put links in facebook walls, but some times it only puts the wetcanvas main page.
  #57   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-03-2010, 12:15 AM

Speaking of the butt icon, is there anyway to group all the butt icon posts together or an icon search or something like that. i can put "butt icon" in search, but would like to see all posts with that icon without looking thru every forum
  #58   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-03-2010, 04:01 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Facebook link and butt searches. Well, I personally don't have time to follow the facebook wall, I prefer to see work posted on wetcanvas. Often members say they have posted to facebook but not to wetcanvas. This is a loss imho.

Not sure about butt searches, I'll try it.

Doug
  #59   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-20-2010, 03:45 AM
Dallas, TX

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorky
Facebook link and butt searches. Well, I personally don't have time to follow the facebook wall, I prefer to see work posted on wetcanvas. Often members say they have posted to facebook but not to wetcanvas. This is a loss imho.

Not sure about butt searches, I'll try it.

Doug

That's what I'm saying. When you post something on wetcanvas, have a link to post it to facebook without going off the site. Fineartamerica has this feature as do other websites. It is a little f share link

Thanks
  #60   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-20-2010, 03:53 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

I see what you mean, yes a facebook link icon would be good and would help get more people to the site.

Thanks for the explanation, I'll put it forward.

Doug