WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > WC Site Technical Discussions
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-01-2009, 07:43 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hails from United Kingdom
Re: Suggestion Box

No problem John, just include the link. We have lots of watercolor videos in the Demos thread.

Doug
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-04-2009, 09:20 AM
South Carolina, USA

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorky
No problem John, just include the link. We have lots of watercolor videos in the Demos thread.
Doug

Don't see a "demos" thread... or is it specific to watercolors?
How about a generic, un-media related tips and how-tos forum?

Something akin to...
Some shared doodlin' - step-by-steps, some with voice-overs.
(Excuse one of these is a promo for shirts, etc. All others are the how-to's)....
http://natesdoodles.blip.tv/
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-04-2009, 09:51 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Most mediums have classes or demos, the links in my signature are to the watercolour demos and classes.

Doug
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-04-2009, 10:35 AM
South Carolina, USA

Hails from United States

Thanks for your prompt response.

My query was about a tips forum that is not related to specifc mediums
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-13-2009, 03:40 AM
Veteran Member

Hails from New Zealand

Hi, I have been a member for a while now and just love WC, my question is as follows, I feel very passionate about the arts, (I am about to begin some further study in 2010 a Post Grad course) and my other passion, is Pen Pals however it's not so easy finding PP who have interests in the arts. (They seem to be in the minority.) I was wondering if some where on WC we could have a place for those like minded folks wishing to exchange longer letters to meet up, to exchange ideas, learn more about new countries and people, different art histories etc. Whilst I know we can comment on each others work or ask for a more in depth critique, it would be great to make friendships across the globe with like minded people on a different level. It was just a thought, as I have spent ages trawling the nets PP sites and come up with nothing!!!!! I haven't a clue how this would be set up I am not that savy on the PC but I am sure there will be a way to do it. I think it would be a worth while thing to consider, as it would only be for those who chose it and of course just another way to bring artists together from all around the world!
Keep up the great work WC it is a great site!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers
Gal

Art does not lie down on the bed that is made for it; it runs away as soon as one says it's name; it loves to be incognito. It's best moments are when it forgets what it is called. - Jean Dubuffet
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-13-2009, 05:08 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

You could start by using the wetcanvas Chat facility under Tools at the top of the page. Use your wetcanvas name and log in.

Many forums have chat threads which often lead to get-togethers. There is a watercolor get together in Ontario next June for example and I'm sure others dotted around the globe, some bigger than others.

Doug
  #37   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-13-2009, 08:36 AM
A WC! Legend
French Acadian from Nova Scotia

Hails from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmon
Why don't they allow us to embed videos in the wetcanvas forums? Maybe if they allowed HTML? After all, it is a tightly regulated membership.

If you look at the very bottom of the page, you'll see a box on the left side "Posting Rules". It should indicate in that box that the vB code* is on -- meaning you may use vB code in your posts.

*From the vB code link:
vB code is a set of tags based on the HTML language that you may already be familiar with. They allow you to add formatting to your messages in the same way as HTML does, but have a simpler syntax and will never break the layout of the pages you are viewing. The ability to use vB Code is set on a forum-by-forum basis by the administrator, so you should check the forum rules when you post a new message.
There is a list of the vB Codes you can use to format your messages.
The last one on the list is for embedding YouTube videos and reads as follows:

Allows Editors and Administrators to include YouTube videos in posts. Use the movie code from the YouTube URL in your browser. For example, the code at the end of the URL "http://youtube.com/watch?v=fzbnEZbr06E" = fzbnEZbr06E
...(NOTE: you only need the numbers/letters/code at the very end of the url.)

The vB code to use is antv ... inside brackets [ ... ]

For example, you would type [antv]fzbnEZbr06E[/antv] { Note: don't forget the forward slash / in front of the second code ... the 'closing tag'}

This would be the result:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Last edited by Mariette Deveau : 12-13-2009 at 09:00 AM.
  #38   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-13-2009, 12:34 PM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

I have asked for a ruling on this issue. Embedded off site material is subject to deletion or change. That is why we prefer pictures to be uploaded to wetcanvas so they are permanent. You may have seen threads with red crosses in place of pictures which were hosted off site and have been deleted.

Doug
  #39   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-14-2009, 01:45 PM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

OK folks the advice from Dan Sargent is that appropriate YouTube videos may be posted on wetcanvas threads in the way described above.

The feeling is that it is easier to watch and then comment on a video if you don't have to leave wetcanvas to watch it. There is always the risk of deletion, but it affects linked videos just the same.

Doug
  #40   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-19-2009, 04:24 AM
WC! Guide
Sometimes it's nice to remember those we admired.

Hails from Ireland

How about a Santa Hat (or a Xmas tree) for the WC logo too Doug?
  #41   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-19-2009, 04:56 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Good idea Greg, let's do a Google

Doug
  #42   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-22-2010, 04:31 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
California

Hails from United States

I would like to suggest that posts with links referring WC users to polls be allowed to be crossposted in multiple forums.

Polls are only useful if there is wide participation so as to get an accurate count related to the polls topic.

I posted a poll in the business forum asking where people actually sell art. I posted one link to the poll thread in each of the medium forums. The user agreement says threads can be cross posted in multiple forums if they pertain to multiple forums. However my links to the poll were removed from each of the forums or placed within the chat thread for the forum. As a result the poll received very little response and is in essence useless.

I think it would be helpful to WC users if links to polls that affect the entire community be allowed to be crossposted in multiple medium forums without being removed by moderators. Most polls are useful to the entire community but not everyone may visit the thread where the poll is posted. I think links to these types of polls should be allowed to be posted without being deleted. Otherwise what is the purpose of the poll if no one knows about it and no on is given an opportunity to vote in it or view it?

Maybe moderators can make links to polls into stickys for 30 days or so, instead of deleting them. Thanks.

Last edited by l Heather l : 03-22-2010 at 04:37 AM.
  #43   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-22-2010, 05:03 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Heather, the site is so huge with over 5,500 new threads every week and over 25,000 posts it is understandable that it should be divided into subject forums. You could post a general request in the Cafe Guerboise to hit the widest range of members.

Doug
  #44   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-22-2010, 05:28 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
California

Hails from United States

Thanks Doug, That would be a good place to post a poll.

#45   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-16-2010, 10:46 AM

Hey! PaulaIA

You have putted a nice idea to put here suggestions about the site. I was also looking for a place to put my suggestions but I have not got it. Here we can discuss that what we have to do to make this site more popular.