Home Forums Explore Subjects Miniature Art A digital from Paint the Masters

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    floblue

Here is one that I did digitally for the paint the masters exchange. Didn’t send it to anyone. I didn’t copy the artists name down either so I’ll say it is unknown at this time. It has 13 layers and was done on the iPad Pro with Apple pencil

Floblue, you’re way ahead of me in digital art but I must say that it sure turned out great and so colorful too. Not familiar with the master who did this.

LIL

floblue

Thanks Lil

Really do like this! It is very strong.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

It looks like a Matisse or Kirchner maybe?

I like the look and style of this. Well done!

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
            Find me on Instagram
            Find me on Facebook

floblue

Thanks everyone for the comments. I will have to research the artist again. I know I wrote it down but I put notes on little pieces of paper and stick them in my iPad cover and then they fall out due to the hole it has so the Apple logo will show.

SAndypp

Wow, this is gorgeous, I love everything about it. I found the original but it doesn’t say who painted it but wow, yours is marvellous. Love it. Well done.

floblue

Thanks Sandy, maybe that’s why I don’t know who painted it either.

SAndypp

Hey Barb:

I found her for you. Its called: English: Karija with the Black Cat. Done by the artist: Ģederts Eliass born 1887 and Died 1975. The painting itself was done 1918/1919. The original lives in the Latvian National Museum of Art

Hope that helps
                            Sandy.

floblue

Thanks Sandy. I will write the name somewhere on the digital file. I must have been looking at artists from that area of the world to paint at the time. My grandfather was from Lithuania and I was trying to expand my horizons as they say. I found a very interesting artist last night. It is Charles Demuth. He did some interesting paintings. I particularly like The painting “I saw the figure 5 in gold”. Currently some people are starting to put large numbers in their artwork little did I know that this had already been done in 1928. Like the old saying there is nothing new under the sun.

CinderellaG

Hi Barb, I think your digital Artwork is really well done. It has great color and texture for a digital work. My Grandfather is from Estonia, right there with Latvia and Lithuania…I have many relatives that are here and still speak in their native language. Also my Great Grandfather was an artist . Why I didn’t think to try to find some of his artwork, I don’t know. His name was Jacob Lacht..now I need to research!
                                    I am going to try some digital art too now. I have a pencil my daughter bought me for Christmas so I have the equipment. What program are you using to draw in?
                                    I hope you keep on drawing with digital so we can all enjoy what you do. Very nice!

Cindy G.

floblue

Hi Cindy, I just love doing digital. I primarily use Procreate. It is very easy to learn and they have even added text functions in the last few months. It is a one time purchase unlike Illustrator that ends up being about 600 plus a year. I do have that also but I can do almost anything in procreate. I also have Affinity designer. Which is a one time purchase and is closer to illustrator in functionality than procreate and is almost as easy as procreate to use. I also have some design apps that are super cheap and just great fun. They are iornament and icrafter they are usually bundled in the 5-6 dollar range. Procreate is about 50.00. I bought it when I first got my iPad so it was super cheap then. Affinity designer is about the same as Procreate. All of these apps are well worth the money.
                                        The nice part about digital is that you can sit in a chair in front of the tv and still do art work and if you make mistakes all you have to do is hit the back button and it takes it away but saves it if you decides that you still want what you erased. It also has layer and different opacity levels and a en easy color wheel and or numeric equivalents of the color you want for an exact match. You can print or send the files right from the program and you don’t have to have a lot of canvasses around that you have to store. And it doesn’t cost 50.00 for white paint.
                                        I watched a David Hockney video and he did a whole exhibit using his iPad and without the pencil. He just had all his work printed on canvas in a large size and hung them as is.
                                        It is perfect for plen air painting as you still get to go outside do your artwork and don’t have to take all. The equipment with you.
                                        I still do traditional painting because I still like paint and the smell of the paint and the tactile qualities of an original painting. I do about 70% digital and 30% traditional. I use digital to work out the painting then I paint them and then photo them using the iPad and import them into the one of the programs where I may alter them some more and then I go back and make the changes on the original work of art.
                                        Hope this helps. If you have any questions or need additional help with anything let me know. You can always call me to. If. You want my phone number just let me know and I will put it in a pm

hibiscus17

[IMG]http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/16-May-2019/2007893-2CD3AEC1-85CA-46F8-8CB1-07AC11882322.jpeg[/IMG]
                                            Thanks Sandy. I will write the name somewhere on the digital file. I must have been looking at artists from that area of the world to paint at the time. My grandfather was from Lithuania and I was trying to expand my horizons as they say. I found a very interesting artist last night. It is Charles Demuth. He did some interesting paintings. I particularly like The painting “I saw the figure 5 in gold”. Currently some people are starting to put large numbers in their artwork little did I know that this had already been done in 1928. Like the old saying there is nothing new under the sun.

I like this piece. Clean. Concise. Concrete. Thanks for the updates on modern trends. :wave:

Lawrence

floblue

Lawrence, I was doing some table cards for my art group and came upon this artist. I had never heard or seen his work before. They have YouTube videos discussing this piece. It is very famous it is a precisionist painting. It is also a considered a portrait poster. It is a portrait of his friend who was a poet/doctor. Very interesting story.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.