Home Forums Explore Media Pen and Ink Pen and Ink Monthly Challenge: April

• This topic has 72 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)
  • Author

Welcome to our forum challenge for April 2019 in which we continue our encouragement to Draw from Life!

Let’s capture our own personal and individual moments and share them here on this thread!

All suggestions/subjects/themes come from those who participate!:lol:

** As you post your own drawing in this thread, please then also suggest ONE subject/topic for next month. One entry = One suggestion for the following month …. another entry? – another suggestion!:)

By the end of the month we should have a range of ideas from which you can choose – and please do feel free to discuss any of the suggestions raised: who knows, you may even start keeping your own private list for future ideas!**

One important ruleEntries must be at least 75% pen and ink[/SIZE] in any colour – and wash or colour may be added.[/COLOR]

Your topics for this month are …..

Favourite artist’s tool

Bags – of any description

a sign of Spring

fire

Draw something hanging on your wall

furniture

an ornament or sculpture we have in our house.

Garden accessories.

Some type of hair grooming tool

“discarded clothes” , interpret it as you wish ! but perhaps rather unimaginatively I had in mind drawing a still life of the folds & creases, the lighting etc.

draw a rug- I was specifically thinking of Persian or Oriental rugs with all the repetitive images.

Memorable structures. (could be your birthplace, hometown, or memorable designs, etc.)

Quite a selection!

Draw from life if you possibly can – but for some, that could be difficult!:)

Enjoy … happy drawing!:)

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

Anonymous

“A favourite artists tool” – just a quick scratch of about postcard size but fills 15 mins. For next month. “The scene looking out of my your window”

Crikey Mike …. that was quick! That’s a nicely drawn pen especially.:)

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

Anonymous

Hah! Mike beat me! Nice one, Mike.

Here’s my favorite artist’s tool. I’m guessing most people on this forum has one or more Lamy Safaris! And, I know many use Platinum Carbon Ink. I like to sketch with it, but I’m also being slowly won over with Uni-pens.

About 5×7 or so on HP watercolor paper.

PLEASE excuse the color. I got carried away with my love for my yellow EF Safari ;-) I have a red, yellow and 2 black Safaris. I can’t explain how I ended up with all of them…

For May: Sketch something outside.

Anonymous

That’s working very nicely John, nice tight lines.I think your use of colour is perfectly balanced for P&I too.
                “I have a red, yellow and 2 black Safaris. I can’t explain how I ended up with all of them… … , I got carried away with my love….. ”
                Oh dear , you’ve got it bad too ! :lol:
                Mike

LENGERT

Pedlars pen: Nice work for a 15 minute sketch.
                    John: WOW wonderful controlled work. Thanks for the info on pens. I’ll have to look into getting one.

sanlynn

LENGERT

SIGN OF SPRING

Micron pen with watercolour pencil.

sanlynn

John – a beautifully balanced grouping – nice linework and I think the colour is good! (Gold – looks expensive!;))

Sanlynn – very intricate, convoluted forms here – good! (We need your suggestion for next month please!:)

Cheers, Maureen

Suggestions for May –

The scene looking out of my /your window

Sketch something outside.

your favorite gardening tools

Typography

Cheers, Maureen

Anonymous

Hi sanlynn, that’s a really nice drawing, all of those dynamic curves & folds lead my eye to flow down it like a waterfall. Love it !
                            Mike
                            PS. You forgot to suggest a subject for next month :)

Potterspink

Three good entries and it’s only the 2nd of April, I’ll have to get my inky fingers going😊
                                Potters

Anonymous

Thanks for the comments, all.

Very nice penwork, Sanlynn.

It’s looking like this might be a busy month for the monthly challenge forum!

LENGERT

Thanks for your encouraging comments.
                                        Suggestion for next month: your favorite gardening tools.
                                        Just noticed you have garden accessories so I’ll have to think of something else.

sanlynn

Nterjosh

“Garden accessories” This thing is easier to pull/chop weeds with than to draw. Fun sketch none the less!

Next month suggestion, “Typography”

Anonymous

Your nice lose hatching has described the surfaces well there Nterjosh.:thumbsup:
                                                Not got a scanner handy ? there’s some pretty good mobile phone camera app scanners you can get for free.Sometimes I use one for convenience/laziness! & they’re fine for pics for the net. Certainly a lot better than using the straight camera.;)
                                                Mike

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.