Home Forums Explore Media Fiber Arts Baby elephant

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    kerri_oz

I’ve started knitting again in the last few months after years of not doing it, and when I used to knit it was super simple stuff, like scarves and leg warmers. I found this baby elephant pattern and wanted to try it. I had to learn a lot to get it done (you can learn anything on youtube!). I just used cheap 8 ply acrylic yarn from the discount store and 3mm needles for this practice one. He’s got little holes all over because I didn’t put the twist in my M1, and the tension is all over the shop, but I’m pleased enough with how he turned out. By far the most complex pattern I’ve ever done. Pattern by Lorrainie Pistorio off loveknitting.com.au

I'm here to grow and learn as an artist, so C&C always welcome :D

Cute!

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Debby

He’s adorable. Good on you for taking up a challenge.

Debby
            Guide - Fiber Art Forum

Lena

Very cute.
                That is the way I like to learn too. Make something to give you a goal to do it.

Some kid will adore it.

Doll Art by Lena

kerri_oz

I gave this to my neighbour’s little daughter and she loves it :D Very gratifying! I’m working on another, trying to iron out the glitches. My sister loves elephants, so this one, which will be much bigger with thicker yarn and bigger needles, will be for her Christmas present.

Debby

Great plan. Looking forward to seeing the new elephant.

Debby
                        Guide - Fiber Art Forum

KarenESP

Love the shift of color for the ears!

Jennifer Landau
                            Proud to be published in Art Quilting Studio magazine and educating about wool at The Great Dickens Christmas Fair.

Ann Rose

Aw he is so cute, a lovely character.:clap: :clap:

Anna

What a sweetie. I love his pink ears.

Penny
                                I live in Wiltshire, England
                                “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” -Will Rogers

kerri_oz

:) Thank you for all the nice comments. I’ve knitted the bigger one, but haven’t put him together yet. He kinda got put aside for other projects.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.