Home Forums Explore Media Colored Pencil Miniature grasshopper (x-post Miniature Art)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    SnapV

Here is a grasshopper I did in FC Goldfaber colored pencils in the mini sample Stonehenge Warm White paper pad I received. It’s 3.75 x 2.5 inches and the reference is from Paint my Photo. It was done to test the paper but I like the result, let me know what you think!

Btw, I really recommend getting these mini samplers of paper pads! I got them at Jackson’s Art (UK) for almost nothing and they really are fun for trying new paper. Here’s a picture of the ones I got:

Virginie

All C&C welcome: I want to improve!

KaySilver

Love the little grasshopper – he looks so cheerful!

Those sampler pads look great – and they’ve got the Stonehenge Aqua! (me and others have been emailing them for months about stocking that paper).

I’ve just placed a Jackson’s order yesterday so annoyingly I’m seeing this too late to get them this time round, but I’ll definitely pick a couple up next time.

SnapV

Thank you Claudia! And yes it’s awesome that Jackson’s now has all that new paper. I’m in Canada but for the availability of things and the low postage fee, it’s still the best store to order from imo (since I don’t mind waiting a month for my orders :P)

Virginie

Pingpongfan

Love the grasshopper. That looks like a great selection of different papers. I will investigate them. Drawing small is good practice. Is that the size of an ATC?
                    Vena

SnapV

Thanks Vena!

From what I understand an ATC would be 2.5 x 3.5 so those little pads are just a little too big on the long side at 3.75 inches.

Virginie

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.