Home Forums Explore Subjects Artwork from Life Scavenger Hunt 535 March 20-28 2018

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    jmfletch

Welcome to the Scavenger Hunts!

If you’ve done at least one Scavenger Hunt and have time to host one, we’d really appreciate it! You can sign up by posting your name and the current hosting list stickie on Artwork from Life forum: https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366347

Rules for Hunting:

* All items on the list must be sketched from life–not imagination nor photo references
        * Each object you draw can count for only one item on the list, no matter how many shapes/parts/colors that object contains. This was agreed to by unanimous vote among the participants
        * You may place multiple objects together in a drawing or painting, and may count those objects as separate list items, but no single object can count for more than one list item.
        * All items posted must be numbered. Count them as you go. The first item you sketch and post will be #1 regardless of its place on the list. Do them in whatever order you wish, but count them in the order in which you sketch them, from 1 to 26.

Do as many or as few items as you like; you don’t have to finish the entire list to participate! You don’t have to comment on every post, but comment, if and when you can.

Scavenger Hunts last for 9 days, with the next hunt starting on the 9th day.

Please tell us your size, surface, medium, and the amount of time it took you to do each sketch. We love hearing about your subjects and setups. Photos of your subjects are also welcome!

Scavenger Hunt 535 March 20-28 2018

Doll or teddy bear
        Breakfast
        Plant or flower
        Garden tool
        Inside your refrigerator
        Crumbled paper (Challenge use lined paper)
        Pile of dirty laundry
        Half a glass of ??
        Art supplies
        Musical instrument
        Children’s toy
        Chess piece
        Unmade bed (want the folds)
        Hobby item other than art
        Rectangular
        Circular / elliptical
        Triangular
        Cylindrical
        Wooden
        Plastic
        Metal
        Glass
        Cloth
        Old
        New
        Seasonal

Keep sketching
        Joe

“The act of art can be so relaxing after you get over yourself.” - Quoting Robin

eyepaint

Woo hoo! Thanks, Joe :)

-- EP Moderator for:
            All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Joe, thanks for the new list. However, I just washed clothes so will wait a day or so on that sketch. Ha.

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
            My website https://jocastilloart.com

Eye

Joe: Cool list. I hope to participate more on this Hunt.

Ai

Painting is my soul. My blog.
                https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/01-Feb-2009/4926-ai_signature_Feb09.gif

Joan T

Joe, thanks for the new list! Hope to get on it soon.

[FONT=Book Antiqua]Joan T
                    [FONT=Book Antiqua]www.watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com

Eye

#1Cylindrical — a quick digi. before starting my working day using MicrosoftPaint

Ai

https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/01-Feb-2009/4926-ai_signature_Feb09.gif

jmfletch

Ai – nice colorful digi. 👍🏼

Jo, Joan and RP :wave: Lets get sketching ladies.

Keep sketching
                            Joe

“The act of art can be so relaxing after you get over yourself.” - Quoting Robin

eyepaint

1. crumpled, lined paper, twice – coloured pencil on printer paper

2. plant, African violet – coloured pencil on printer paper

Cheers,

-- EP Moderator for:

eyepaint

Ai – lovely cylinder :)

-- EP Moderator for:

Eye

Thanks EP & All.

Thanks EP for showing the crumbled lined paper sketches… welldone and lovely plant too.

Ai

jmfletch

EP – Nice work on crumpled paper. That is a real challenge. I keep looking back at the petals on the african violet. They really pop. Strong confident lines.

Joe

Ai, love your cylinder and the colors!!

EP, beautiful shapes on your African Violet. Good on the crumpled paper. It should made it easier to draw it with lines, but it sort of complicates it, doesn’t it. Good job….

I sketched with the Bastrop Sketchers which was only me today. Another friend went but we missed each other. Sigh… None of the sketches fit here unless you stretch trees to plant and I choose not to. Ha.

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
                                            My website https://jocastilloart.com

eyepaint

Ai, Joe, and Jo – thank you.

I did another study of the lined crumpled paper. I find it soothing getting lost in the details. HB pencil on printer paper. Around 15 minutes.

-- EP Moderator for:

Pine Cone

Joe – Thanks for a fun list!

Ai – Fun sketch! Looks like a strawberry smoothie – yummmmm…

EP – Nice crumplies, complete with lines and the holes from the spiral. Lots going on! Lovely violet – simple beauty. Oo, and another crumplie – I can relate :)

JoC – I’d love to see your sketches fom yesterday…

name — gravity and grace along the path

nickname — intuitive balance of forces[/color]

Pine Cone

item #1 – “old”

a 3D birdhouse refrigerator magnet

from the 1990’s :)

from Hallmark, by artist Marjolein Bastin

(background and color palette from imagination)[/color]

I posted the beginnings of this sketch on the last hunt, but the bird, etc., was missing :eek:

I’ve been struggling to be able to get a combination of loose and detailed. Can’t do it in apps the way I used to be able to with Painter on a computer. There just isn’t the range (even with Procreate) that Painter used to give me. So it seems to be so somewhat of an either/or situation. Still, this was a lot of fun.

Turned into kind of a happy grunge bird I guess :eek:

Tools:

iPad Pro, Apple Pencil.

Procreate app for the sketch and background.

Art Studio Pro app for the downsize, crop, border, and export.[/color]

Process:

Virtual pastel on virtual craft paper.

Freehand, no drafting tools or tracing, digital or otherwise.

No grid or smoothing or symmetry or cloning, digital or otherwise.

No filters or effects. No color intensification or exaggeration.

Reference located a few inches away.[/color]

name — gravity and grace along the path

nickname — intuitive balance of forces[/color]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.