Home Forums Explore Media Sculpture Vampire Head Sculpt

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    WoodyWelch

I built the pedestal for this using an upside down vase that I got from Home Depot, painting it gloss black with enamel spray. I added a piece of black painted wood to the bottom (now the top) . I got some accessories from Hollywood Toy and Costume…blonde wig, plastic eye balls, lashes, and teeth. I sculpted the head in clay, then made a plaster mold of it. When the mold was set up, I poured liquid latex into the empty shell, letting it sit for an hour or so, then dumping the latex out, which left a residue on the sides of the mold. When that layer of latex set up I would repeat the process about four times until I got the thickness I was after for the head. I removed the head and filled it with weather proofing foam…sealed it…and postponed it rigidly onto the pedestal.

selectedgrub

Awesome

WoodyWelch

Awesome

Thank you !!! :wave:

ArtsyLynda

Very cool! Thanks for explaining your process!

WoodyWelch

Very cool! Thanks for explaining your process!

You’re more than welcome!!! :wave:

Boafamily

Woody you are a true creative all the way around my friend this is awesome.

WoodyWelch

Thanks so much!!!! :clap: :heart:

robertsloan2

This is so cool! Love it! She’s incredible.

Robert A. Sloan, proud member of the Oil Pastel Society
                                    Site owner, artist and writer of http://www.explore-oil-pastels-with-robert-sloan.com
                                    blogs: Rob's Art Lessons and Rob's Daily Painting

WoodyWelch

This is so cool! Love it! She’s incredible.

Thank you so much!!! :wave:

DaneelOlivaw

How did you know what I look like in the mornings?… ok, you changed the hair colour, but it’s so uncanny.

Hahahalol… I love it, it’s great… I’d love to serve it for dinner – you know, the big reveal, when the cloche comes off!

Definitely love to have that in the library, in place of the usual bust!

Neither mistake beauty for goodness, nor courtesy for weakness.

WoodyWelch

How did you know what I look like in the mornings?… ok, you changed the hair colour, but it’s so uncanny.

Hahahalol… I love it, it’s great… I’d love to serve it for dinner – you know, the big reveal, when the cloche comes off!

:lol::lol::lol:

WoodyWelch

:lol::lol::lol:

talisman

Creepy…and great!
                                                        Gee, Woody is there anything you can’t do?
                                                        Seriously this is fantastic.

Dianna WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art
                                                        C and C always welcome.
                                                        My DeviantArt Gallery

WoodyWelch

Yeah…date within my species…. :lol:

But seriously, Dianna thank you so much!!!:heart: :wave:

honey hatter

What the red queen wants the red queen gets. “Off with her head!”
                                                                Great work, love the detail. Except I like my vampires to have there heads intact. “My what big teeth you have?” Vampire smiles a toothy grin and says “all the better to bite your neck with!” Love the classic hammer fest movies

"Oh look a white rabbit!"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.