Home Forums The Town Center All Media Art Events WDE Sept19 – Roses & Memories Combo

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

I had started this combo with the flowers & kitten, but this morning, I reviewed what other refs sparked my imagination, and, after starting over, this is what I created.

Tyree – I hope I did your younger self some amount of justice!

Looks just like her! What a novel idea. Your combos always amaze me and the technique can’t be imitated.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

CoalTip

Beautiful! High quality painting.

Critics & Comments Always Welcome
        SketchBooks[2014[/B]][/SIZE] [2015[/B]][/SIZE]

tyree

this is so very lovely…beautifully painted..i love it !
            thank you so much !
            tyree

'art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known'.....oscar wilde

ConnieT

I appreciate your sharing the ongoing process of imagination and creativity! It’s a good lesson: that sometimes the artist has to take time for the concept to come together fully, perhaps with some experimentation along the way.

The painting is really exceptional in its intriguing portrayal of all the surfaces. You can tell they are animated by the light that reaches them. The flowers are very well rendered, and young Tyree is so nicely portrayed, with a kind of nostalgia for a different era that many of us can remember. You have really achieved nostalgia here. And yes, I LIKE IT, SKYLAR, very much.

ConnieT[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]

In a world where you can be anything... be kind. :heart:

123harry

Nice combo. I like the blurred photo effect on the vase and lamp.

C&C always welcome.
                    Instagram harry.hamill

Kay – Thank you so much! It’s not often I have a piece almost finished, then start over – But this was worth it.

CoalTip – Thanks so much!

Tyree – Thank you! I was hoping that would be your reaction!

dupliKate

What a great idea….I love an implied story in a still life, something that makes you think. You have certainly achieved that, and in a beautifully rendered piece of art. Really, really like this.

"wait for me if i am not heart, because at least i beat"
                        ee cummings, from ViVa 1936
                        http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/03-Aug-2009/3648-Banner2.jpg

You do come up with some great combinations Skylar – and always so convincingly painted!

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

Clea

Connie – I like the way you think. One must never be afraid to change, or start over – if the current image is falling short of one’s ambition for it. I have Many pieces either discarded, or unfinished.

Connie – I like the way you think. One must never be afraid to change, or start over – if the current image is falling short of one’s ambition for it. I have Many pieces either discarded, or unfinished.

Kate – Thank you so much! I usually like “narratives. They engage the viewer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.