Home Forums Explore Subjects Landscapes Sand, Clay, Sand

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Bardo

Our cliffs along the Chesapeake Bay. 12×16 Oil on panel. Your input welcome. This may become a larger painting if it works well enough.

oldnmartist

You live in a very cool place!

Everything else being equal, I would rather be in the painting zone.

Nice depiction of form and light. It is a painting that I bet looks best from across the room, a common trait of impressionist work. Gary

"Painting is a verb"

Bizzibee

I like this very much. It reminds me a little of Tom Thompson’s work, who I am a great fan of. Super!

'One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star': Friedrich Nietzsche

Love the dramatic shadow and light depicted. Very nice!

Heather AKA Lucy12
                https://www.heatherrossbach.com
                https://www.instagram.com/heatherrossbachart/
                https://www.facebook.com/heatherrossbachart/?modal=admin_todo_tour

Reddyman

Love that contrasting sky colour peaking through the treeline…wonderful perspective portrayed here with terrific shadow work.

John

RandyP

Great job on the shadows and the highlights of the cliff face. It reads really well and you didn’t over work it. Sky seems a little on the dark side, but otherwise this one really has a lot going for it. Should work great as a larger painting!! Great job!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Randy

Dorrart

I really like your choice of sky colors. I’ve felt that about most of your work I’ve seen. They, your sky colors, are very effective to me. Nice painting, good play of light and form, lovely depth to the sky.

- David

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." --Picasso

Dorrart

…Sky seems a little on the dark side, …
                                Randy

Funny, I hadn’t noticed your comment right before mine. I do find it dark, but for me it brings to mind a time of day and I just plain like the color.

- David

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." --Picasso

Ohiohawk97

Great job with this Bardo! We have cliffs like that near where we live and you have depicted them well. This would be fantastic in a larger scale.

Wes

kentiessen

Great design and handling- the center area of cliff/tree is perfect! You might bring more variety of shape to the diagonal shadow area on lower left in shape and content.

Ken Tiessen

www.KenTiessenArt.com
                                        Comments or Critiques welcomed...always!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.