Home Forums Explore Subjects Landscapes Lighthouse – WIP

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Herm Rediess

[FONT=&quot]Pastel pencils on 800 grit sanded pastel paper neutral color – 3 1/2″ x 5″[/FONT]
        [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
        [FONT=&quot]My first attempt at painting a miniature with pastel pencils.[/FONT]
        [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
        [FONT=&quot]Started chemotherapy last week for lymphoma cancer tumors in and near my right lung and spine, so did not feel like starting a larger painting. Do not have the energy to paint more than several minutes at a time. Have had Lymhoma cancer since 2002 and two previous Chemo treatments. This treatment scheduled through March.[/FONT]
        [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
        [FONT=&quot]Good time to start miniatures![/FONT]
        [FONT=&quot]
        [/FONT]
        [FONT=&quot]Also posted on Pastels and Miniatures[/FONT]
        [FONT=&quot]
        [/FONT]
        [FONT=&quot]Herm
        [/FONT]

RandyP

Herm,

I’m sorry you’re having to go through treatments again! I’m hoping it doesn’t take too bad of a toll on you and I’m hoping you have a complete recovery. Best wishes to you!

Lovely little painting! Well Done!!

Randy

Ohiohawk97

Great detail in such a small piece Herm. Hopefully you get better soon. No one should have to go through that….

Wes

Lovely color and light in this! I wish you luck with your treatments. Hope you can keep up with your art. I’m sure it’s a welcome distraction and good therapy.

Heather AKA Lucy12
                https://www.heatherrossbach.com
                https://www.instagram.com/heatherrossbachart/
                https://www.facebook.com/heatherrossbachart/?modal=admin_todo_tour

I have notice several of your excellent works on the miniature forum. This is great. Best wishes for success in your treatments. Gary

"Painting is a verb"

Arnie

Nicely drawn and interesting composition. I’ve tried pastels myself and getting detail is not easy and much harder at this scale, so a big well done.
                    All the best with the treatment – the painting will do wonders for your mental health.
                    Arnie

Reddyman

Herm…great to see your beautiful pastel mini. Well done with a tough medium. Good luck with your chemo…prayers are with you and your family.
                        John

Herm Rediess

I only made a few minor changes but now consider it finished and renamed it Maine Lighthouse. It will be a gift for my sister who has Alzheimer’s disease.

Thanks, Randy, Wes, Lucy, Gary, Arnie and John for the nice comments and well wishes. Hope none of you have to go through.

Herm

Herm Rediess

I’ll try to upload the photo again.

Herm

Attachments:
                                You must be logged in to view attached files.
                                Anonymous

I’m sure she will like it;  quite charming.  Wishing you well for health: something a lot of us take for granted.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.