Home Forums The Town Center Café Guerbois The art box project

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    laf.art

Don’t know if anyone is interested but I like this idea:
        http://www.theartboxprojects.com/impressum
        Basically anyone who has wanted to exhibit at the Basel, Miami, New York or various other art fairs but who isn’t rich :) now has a chance to do so.

laf-art.com | Prints | FB[/U
        Instagram laf.abstracts

ianuk

Interesting link, thank you. I could make it a goal to paint and submit one piece of work. It would be a milestone for me and, it would certainly do me good. I can’t remember the last time I painted anything.

AllisonR

Within 30 seconds – your artwork posted on a monitor, for 45 dollars per artwork. What a great advertisement (a-hem scam).

Being born places you at a greater risk of dying later in life.

http://www.artallison.com/
                ianuk

In 15 seconds I’ve lost more on the deal of a card, a spin of a wheel and the purchase of items I never needed. I spent more than $600 per tablet on a medicine called sutent 12 years ago which was a complete waste of time. Life is a scam, what’s the difference.

Within 30 seconds – your artwork posted on a monitor, for 45 dollars per artwork. What a great advertisement (a-hem scam).

If they mean what they claim, that they are going to post all registered artworks in a large screen in a large exhibition show under the name of their creator… the price sounds reasonable just for the publicity thing.
                    I don’t know though what are the criteria of the judge panel. And I don’t get at all why they are going choose 5 finalists and 25 semi finalists. What does finalists and semi finalists means by the time that there is no semi final competition from what I read at least on their website? The panel will choose 30 artworks and the public will vote for the one they like the most. So why this distinction between the finalists and the semi finalists??

Anyway. I’m looking for a an art gallery to exhibit my Night Starry Skies collection. It is not that much of a problem to register one of them to this project.

laf.art

It’s the old speculate to accumulate thing I think. Let’s face it there’s no other way for most of us to be able to exhibit at these fairs, and one of us may be lucky and catch the right eye. so I’m going to give it a go, and Ian go for it, if it motivates you then you’re a winner already:)

Instagram laf.abstracts

ianuk

That’s what I thought. I have 100’s of dollars of materials sitting here and a modicum of potential talent. What’s $45 dollars in comparison. The best thing I’ve ever spent money on in my life, is hope!

laf.art

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Instagram laf.abstracts

So it’s a contest, with a €45 ($48 USD) entry fee per piece. There are 25 semifinalists; five works will be chosen for physical display at their ArtBasel booth, with the 20 remaining semifinalists displayed on a video screen.

I can buy a lot of lottery tickets for $48. And for the $240 I’d spend to enter five pieces representative of my work, I could enter several reputable juried shows where I stand a solid chance of getting in.

Yeah, I think I’ll pass on this “opportunity.”

white canvas

Thanks a lot for sharing this .Sounds very good!!!! You have been kind to share this link .Thank you laf.art.

laf.art

Thanks White Canvas, have you decided whether to participate?

Instagram laf.abstracts

white canvas

That’s sweet of you to ask , Laf.art .I had a semi abstract ready .Was toying with the idea of sending .It is a simple piece . I am hoping to enjoy the process of participating.,in an event as this.
                                            Thank you.
                                            I had , actually brought this thread up to the fore , thinking it will be useful for a few other artists , just in case they had missed reading about it.-For anyone interested –The dead line to send the image and register ,I understand is 30th April .

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                                          • The topic ‘The art box project’ is closed to new replies.