WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-21-2017, 01:23 PM
A WC! Legend
North Yorkshire (James Herriot territory)

Hails from United Kingdom
Re: *** Daily Wash Friday 21st April 2017 ***

Home in sunshine..grey sky now,rain forecast.

geoff
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-21-2017, 01:44 PM
A WC! Legend
Southern Ontario, Canada

Hails from Canada

Thanks Doug, that pattern is perfect for the long-change colour ways of some of the yarns I like. If Ruth is interested I can send her the pattern, but I'm sure she may know about it. I'll see what the shop says about the computer. Your suggestion is a good one.

Darla, I got a terrible headache after mine too, I think it is that laxative, can't tolerate it. Your are wise to take it easy. I was a mess for a week.

The water of the worst flood has gone down now Bunny, leaving behind a sea of mud around Tim's. The main creek is huge, well within it's banks in town but must be 3 ft higher than normal. Apparently we got the whole months rainfall in one day, 73 inches.

Thanks Caryl, the petals didn't look right for a poppy. Sweet chicken house!

Hi Nancy, Geoff, JJ!

"Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There's a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-21-2017, 04:55 PM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

The waterfalls must be spectacular at the moment Lynn.

Doug
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-21-2017, 05:24 PM
A WC! Legend
Ontario, West of Toronto

Hails from Canada

Good Afternoon!!!

Still gray and the west wind isn't exactly warm.

I amused myself by baking a yeast apple cake. Is a lot of work and a lot of sitting around waiting, I finished the book I was reading and tonight I'll be ready to start on Harlan Coben's latest book "Home".

The apple cake is slightly overdone on the underside because the apples kept needing more baking, oh well, it'll still taste good.

Lynn, I didn't realize that Dundas got a bit flooded. Most unusual. Doug is right, the waterfall must be going crazy

Geoff, the sun will probably be shining from now on

Bunny, I agree with everything David is proposing and if ever there was a good time to sell a big house this is it. Mind you, Dundas is lovely but not exactly cheap either.

Darla, I too am glad you stayed home. I think the diet you were on is more a cleansing diet than a weight losing diet and I don't think anyone could sustain it. I have said it before, if you want to lose weight without being on a diet and slowly and surely lose weight without too much suffering - eat everything younormally eat, fill your plate the way you would normally do and then take a third off. That goes for desserts and cakes as well.

If you don't cheat, guaranteed you will loose weight slowly and surely and you will have started a new way of eating and never put it back on. I remember doing this for my husband and he lost 25 pounds and he ate exactly the same as the whole family. Even after we separated, his stomach was so used to the smaller portions he never ever put another pound on.

Still no Char

I forgot about having dinner early and just had a slice of bread/butter and honey. Of course I am not hungry now but I will do it and just eat less.

Uschi

#35   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-21-2017, 05:29 PM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from United States

Hi all,

Just waiting to go pick up Esmé at the vet. In for her BG curve. She's lost a little more weight which is not good. I was so hoping she'd gained a little. Vet wants to up her Lasix to a half tab in the morning and a half in the evening. Hope that helps the fluid buildup.

I'm taking it easy. I think I mentioned I tore a rib muscle? I think I reinjured it the other day. Thought I'd taken a light enough load to the laundromat, but getting it up the stairs . . . Hurt like blazes the next day. Had to cancel an audition. Wanted to do a load today, but besides the fact I'm still sore, I have a migraine and the weather is yucky.

to all in need.

Later,
Kay
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-21-2017, 05:32 PM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

We went to smaller plates Uschi, and it worked. I lost 30 pounds and have kept it off so far, I need to lose another 30, better get even smaller plates

Webster Falls is easy to access and will be spectacular.

(((Kay))) take care!

Doug
  #37   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-21-2017, 05:48 PM
A WC! Legend
Ontario, West of Toronto

Hails from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorky
I need to lose another 30, better get even smaller plates
Doug
Especially for your apple crumbles, or maybe only for your apple crumbles Good for you Doug!!!!!! I KNOW it works and is relatively painless. The loss may not be fast enough for some people, the trouble is, the fast ones go back on as quickly as they go off.

(((((((((Kay)))))))) Wishing you and Esme sooooooooooo well!!!

Uschi

#38   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-21-2017, 06:17 PM
A WC! Legend
Southern Ontario, Canada

Hails from Canada

Yes, the falls will be spectacular! but very muddy water, so a bit ugly.

72.4 mm rain in 12 hours, not inches! But still major. A renovation business lost all their records that were in the basement which had 8 ft of water at one point, including frogs and fish

Good for you Doug, it is difficult, I know. I have at least 12 lbs to go and I've been trying for the last 3 months....have to get my resolve in better shape. I've made my goal the wedding in July.

Your cake sounds good Uschi. I nearly made gingerbread today, with the idea to slice it and freeze. I can have one small dessert a day, but I'm not good about 'only one' The freezer does slow me down.

(((((Kay))))

"Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There's a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen
  #39   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-21-2017, 07:36 PM
A WC! Legend
Ontario, West of Toronto

Hails from Canada

Lynn, I made the cake in an 8 X 14" pan, and cut off the crust all around which goes into the freezer for me to nibble on and the rest is cut into squares and good enough to save for the scrabble ladies in two weeks time. It too is in the freezer.

Now I am not motivated to do anything else except watch TV

Good night, see you in the morning!

Uschi

#40   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-21-2017, 11:24 PM
Warrenton Missouri

Hails from United States

Just got a box from blick. Actually i had to pay for it. They didn't just send it. . Two more brushes. Both de Vince cosmotops. A 000 and number two round. Want to be able to dig in and do some detailing. And two more colors. M Graham Hansa yellow and Daniel Smith Burnt Umber. Yep. Already played with them. Mixed lots of new greens and blacks. So many colors to play with!