Home Forums Explore Media Pen and Ink Calligraphy Anyone notice the LPEF nibs aren’t as good anymore?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    KuriYokan

Hi guys, it’s been a while since I’ve been on WetCanvas. I’ve been learning calligraphy for slightly over a year now, and I notice that recently the Leonardt Principal EF nibs I’ve purchased no longer have as sharp a point anymore. They also seem stiffer as compared to older ones. The hairlines produced are also thicker as compared to nibs like Zebra G or Hunt 101. Is it just a bad batch I got? Anyone else noticed this?

Cgy

I can’t answer your questions, but I have been trying to buy a Leonard Principal EF nib for over a month. Never tried one before, and thought I should buy one to see if they are worth the extra cost. The suppliers here are all out of stock. It seems something is going on.

Reality is the fog that obscures the vision.

Yes – there have been reports of problems with Leonardt Principal nibs recently.

This was preceded by almost a year of bad nibs from Gillott’s – particularly their 303. They have reportedly updated their equipment and I have found a batch of the news ones to be as good as the ones I have from some years ago but some people still find half or more of the nibs they buy useless.

I have found the Hunt 101 to be fairly consistent over the years. As a bonus, it lasts longer than the LPEF and the 303 for me :-)

– Salman

Those who say it can't be done should get out of the way of those doing it.

My Blog
          Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.