Home Forums Explore Subjects Abstract and Contemporary Art #4 Speedboat Beach on Bali Hai

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Trier

We had a cold snap awhile ago, so I dragged in some tender plants into the studio.

A couple of the pots wound up in front of the #1Speedboat painting, so that when I glanced at it from across the room, I saw a tropical beach with thundering surf and very exotic trees – Bali Hai.

This version of the series has added a compositional element to the basic design that I think that I will keep and explore further. A lucky discovery!

18 x 24 ins – acrylic/paper
        CC & C more than welcome

Regards,
        Trier

Greggo

fun
            friendly
            colorful
            makes me wish I could go to that beach
            i am enjoying this

https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/17-Jul-2013/110200-Tatrabanner.jpg [FONT=Times New Roman] Click here for>> WC FAQS >

trufflecat

Clever. A just love your style!

Art is never finished, only abandoned.-- Leonardo da Vinci :thumbsup:

http://www.susanbaileyart.com
                Trier

Hey greggo –
                    Thanks, glad you like it!

Yeah, I want very much to go back to that beach too, because I feel I have been there; no doubt a bittersweet memory of the Hawaii trips with her.

Regards,
                    Trier

Trier

Thank you Susan.

I like and admire the way you can make beautiful prints and be able to translate them in another media.

I would like to make sort of basic prints of this, so I could experiment with alternate colors and compositional effects more quickly.

I tried that on another painting, but it didn’t work out too well.

You have inspired me to give it another shot.

Regards,
                        Trier

graphicali

The red really pops out in this. Really cheerful and happy!

"I am not yet born; provide me, with water to dandle me, grass to grow for me, trees to talk to me, sky to sing to me, birds and a white light in the back of my mind to guide me." From Prayer Before Birth by Louis Macneice.
                            Trier

Apologies to Susan and Alita

Please excuse my clumsy mistake in mixing up my replies to the both of you.

A senior moment that seems endless.

I greatly appreciate your interest and comments and hope this is not seen as a slight to either one of you kind people.

Regards,
                                Trier

CarlyHardy

Wonderful how you have the verticals crossing the horizontals giving more interest to the scene!

john

Cool. I like the design.

Trier

Thank you Carly and John.

Your kind comments are much appreciated.

Regards,
                                            Trier

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.