Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Shutterbug Pub Shutterbug Pub Daily, Wednesday December 25, 2019

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Don

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate and Happy Holidays! The weather doesn’t feel much like Christmas here with a temp of 56F at 7 AM.

I was given notice yesterday that I would have nothing under the tree :lol: which is what we had previously agreed on. However, I do have one little present for DW there… she had a favorite pen that she lost a while ago, and I bought her a replacement for it. I couldn’t find the exact same kind, but it is the same brand. Hope she likes it. We seldom have purchases for each other at Christmas as we generally do our buying throughout the year. Of course we splurge on the grandkids and DD and SIL.

Nothing special planned here today, probably just stay home and chill. We talked about going to see a movie later but I haven’t checked to see what is playing.

Hope all have a great day with whatever you do.

Photo site - http://donlwilliamsphotography.com

"A moment in time
        Immortalized forever
        With silver and light"

chaffee

Merry Christmas Don, thank you and I’ll echo your wishes to all who happen by.
            I saw your post about the sunset app, looks neat. Someday when I graduate to a “smart” phone I may give it a whirl…:eek:
            I did happen to saunter down to the beach this morning in hopes of a nice scene…here’s one of ’em.

Hope y’all are having a wonderful day!

Tim

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt" William Shakespeare

Anonymous

Happy Holidays to those who celebrate this time of year. And to all, I wish you peace and good health and a great 2020.

Lovely image Tim.

I reworked my digital card (the original red & white version is in the Holiday Season Challenge), making it easier to change the background color. So easy I created both a green and a blue version. Here’s the green one…

[digital creation in PSCS5]

Merry Christmas All.
                Good to see everyone up and early this morning.

Last night we had some surprise guests stop over and visit, that worked out well while we were waiting on my son to arrive after he had to work yesterday.

Dinner was so good, my kids tell me and I know they appreciated it.
                I did get my remote shutter for my New Oly and plan on testing it out soon. If the weather stays on the warmer side, I might be able to go downtown in a nearby suburb where they have all the lights on the buildings. I would like to test taking some light trail shots since this camera has LIVE COMPOSITION. You can literally watch as the light trails build up in the camera and then you turn off the process when you think you got what you want.

Well Tim, it is certainly lovely to see a sunrise over the water like that. I could get into seeing that everyday. I hope your day is as bright as your sunrise.

Don, thanks for starting the daily. Your wife and I have something in common. I LOVE pens. OMG, I am obsessed with them. I don’t need anything fancy but I just love pens, paper, pencils, etc. Drop me off at an office supply store and pick me up in several hours and I’ll be a happy camper. A shoe store doesn’t exist that could make me as happy as a office supply store.

Dave,
                Hey, I think I like the green version better. You still have me scratching my head wonder how you did this digital illustration. Did you create the snow flakes? It is really good day.

We are meeting at my sister-in-laws at 1:30 for Christmas dinner and a small gift exchange. Luckily we pick names and only have to buy one gift.

Here’s a card I created this morning using a shot I took of a window display at the mall last week.

Have a wonderful day all.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
                Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Merry Christmas to you all. I suppose this qualifies, a watercolour with snow added digitally.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

frodron

We had our daughter and granddaughter come to stay with us last weekend in our new retirement flat home.
                    That was the best part of our Christmas.
                    By the way my impression of downsizing isn’t trying to get a quart into a pint pot it is more like trying to get a gallon into a pint pot !!!

Cherish yesterday,dream tomorrow,live today

Doug, thank you for sharing the home made card. You do nice with your snow maker!

Ron,
                    Hey guy, I hear you about the downsizing remark. Every time I think about all the times I wished I had a bigger house, I am glad that I did not get my wish. I would only have more clutter. And whenever I pass a huge public STORAGE facility where people can store all of their things that they cannot fit into their house, I remind myself that people have just too much stuff now. We don’t need all of those “things”. Do you have such facilities where you live or as that a U.S.A thing. They are so abundant here, it’s ridiculous.

Okay, I need to get off of my soap box and get back into the holiday spirit.

Thanks both of you for dropping in and sharing your holiday wishes.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
                    Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

frodron

Yes we do have such storage facilities.
                        But what is the purposeof keeping things that you dnn’t use.
                        As a guide, if you haven’t used something for at least six months you dnn’t really need it.

Cherish yesterday,dream tomorrow,live today

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.