Home Forums The Town Center All Media Art Events WDE 27 March A Series of Unfortunate Decisions

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

I’ll just leave it at that; besides, it was fun playing with colour.
    My neglected art supplies this week are Neocolor IIs and a 9×12 cheapo canvas that turned out to be not really rectangular. 2 hours plus time spent trying to compensate for those bad decisions.

Thanks for hosting, Valri!

This BTW was my photo, taken at an airbnb in Lisbon and used in a WDE in 2014. I had done a sketch from life while there:

Wendy C&C always welcome
    Everybody likes feedback! Please remember to comment on others' threads, even if it's just a "nice work" post.

eyepaint

Wheee! Wonderful work! No “bad decisions” visible to me :)

-- EP Moderator for:
        All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

tyree

beautiful warm colours…lovely !

tyree :wave:

'art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known'.....oscar wilde

lisilk

I love the both version but the warmth of sunshine flooding to top image is fantastic.

C & C Always Welcome My RIL Images My Art and Photos[/URL]

She never seemed shattered; to me, she was a breathtaking mosaic of the battles she had won. - Matt Baker
                ConnieT

Bad decisions? Well, maybe not. This reminds me of Van Gogh, especially his bedroom scene and others with vibrant (though perhaps not strictly “realistic”) colors. I think your “now” painting is beautiful.

The original version is also wonderful in a very different way. Almost monotone, but touched with some warm colors. Very sophisticated and appealing!

ConnieT[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]

In a world where you can be anything... be kind. :heart:

No bad decisions here on either one! Both are inviting us to sit and rest awhile.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

CoalTip

i love the composition and color themes in the two pieces. they are excellent for displaying on the walls. they are attractive and vibrant.

Critics & Comments Always Welcome
                        SketchBooks[2014[/B]][/SIZE] [2015[/B]][/SIZE]

Lovely with a warm and sunny feeling!

Christel

bjcpaints

Wow – I love both versions and I immediately thought of the ref as Van Goghish!

Barbara
                            "Painting is an attempt to come to terms with life. There are as many solutions as there are human beings."
                            George Tooker 1920 - 2011

dupliKate

Love em both…..not sure what the bad decisions were….you certainly recovered from them!

"wait for me if i am not heart, because at least i beat"
                                ee cummings, from ViVa 1936
                                http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/03-Aug-2009/3648-Banner2.jpg

tonian

I love the colours that you chose!

:thumbsup:

Meenakc

I love both of them. Colours are amazing, feel the atmosphere.

C&C always welcome! Meenakshi

My Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/MeenakshiArtGall/
                                        My blog http://meedanscrap.blogspot.co.uk/

123harry

I rather like the glowing colours in this. Super.

C&C always welcome.
                                            Instagram harry.hamill

SAndypp

I was looking at both references and I can’t help but think that if you make a third version of this you can then hang all 3 together to make a wonderful display. It’s like they are pieces that will make an amaizing combo just waiting to be put together. Love both of these.

Sandy.

artastic

nice sketch from the past. I love the colours of the new version very much

C&C always welcome -Bonnie-
                                                    http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/04-Jan-2017/104250-banner.jpg

“It’s possible to have an awesome life, but it’s up to ourselves to do it.” Weekly Drawing Event, Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting now.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.