Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting A Painting that describe the livelihood of a poor community

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    amarsingha

The painting about to describe the community of the drum players in the rural area of Bengal who are the ‘must-have’ figure in the festive season. Their rhythmic sound of the drum assists a dancing mood and people engage in the beats. But in return, they receive a little amount of money. I saw, children and wife looking forward to his return with money that helps them to make some foods and clothes in the festive season.

I have tried to put forward such a tragic life of those drum players in my painting.

Title – Behind the joy
        Size – H – 22 W – 32 inch.

Dcam
            white canvas

You chose a good title .The thought behind the painting and the way you have executed is wonderful!!!!

equinespirit

Such a powerful piece!

amarsingha

Thanks to all for the inspiration. Your opinion helps me to go ahead.

ntl

You have created a mood, and I want more information. Your characters tell part of the story, allowing me to imagine other parts. Your use of the night portion tell me of hunger and sadness, followed by the brightness of day and hope for life. Good use of form and color here.
                            Your “angled” characters tell a story that rounded figures would not.
                            Either side could stand alone, but they do belong together.

You’ve given me a way to consider my own work differently.

midwest

Youre a storyteller

Kathie :
                                123harry

You seem to have used the drum rhythms in this composition. Lively, colourful pieces. Interesting background.

C&C always welcome.
                                    Instagram harry.hamill

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.