Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting The Belgium coast . Oil on canvas 30 x 40 cm.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    baptist

AnnieA

It’s a very striking painting, Jan! Exciting brushwork as always, especially in the sky. Because of the relatively small scale of the people on the shore, one really senses the vastness of the sky. And the sunbreak on the shore and stormy sea also add a lot of energy.

[FONT=Arial]C&C always welcome ©[/I] [/font]
            [FONT=Palatino]
            “Life is a pure flame and we live by an invisible sun within us.” ― Sir Thomas Browne [/size][/font]

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/29-Jul-2007/85002-sig-thumbnail_composite_2.jpg]/img]

The people on the shore are really nice. Also the waves look as if few strokes were required.

Pinguino

Now, that’s what I call a painting! Excellent use of unexpected but subdued colors. Added to my list for further study.

May I ask: I assume that the foreground sand was rendered using Yellow Ochre, White, and color(s) X. What is X?

I ask because I find it hard to get Yellow Ochre to do “what I want it to do”.

123harry

Vivid, energetic and atmospheric. Love it.

C&C always welcome.
                    Instagram harry.hamill

baptist

Thanks Annie……….jan :)
                        Thanks ArtMarkie………..jan :))
                        Thanks Pinguino , I am an impulsive painter, which means that I am not too much involved in mixing colors. Of course I know through experience how the colors behave, but I work very emotionally. The colors I used for this work: white, ocher yellow cadmium yellow, alazarin, cereleum blue, ultramarine, juice green, burnt umber and a little black (black mix with ocher yellow gives beautiful green)………jan :)

baptist

Thanks harry………..jan :)

AWC123

Very nice scene and colors. Is the darkness on the top left from the camera or part of the painting?

baptist

Thanks , part of the painting AWC123………………jan :)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.