Home Forums Explore Subjects Florals and Botanical A Little Kingdom

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    beachwalker

Several years ago I did a triptych in colored pencil, the center of which inspired me to create a similar piece when I switched to graphite as my focus. The drawing was rendered on Strathmore 500 Bristol Board, image size 18″ x 18″. I’m not sure I would want to attempt another one this complex since it took waaay too long, but it was a lot of fun, anyway. :)

Fantastic!

Christel

Wow! Yes, I can well understand not wanting to make another of such compexity!
        A superb drawing Cindy …….. and I hope you will share more florals in this forum.:)

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

Fabulous!

Maria - Made in Portugal
        "Really I don't like human nature unless all candied over with art" - Virginia Woolf

https://womenwagepeace.org.il/en/

beachwalker

Thanks to all of you for your lovely comments! Maureen, I would love to post work here again since plants are especially appealing as subjects for me, but it’s clear that I’ll need to think smaller and faster to increase my productivity! :)

Margaretta

Wow! How long did this take? Really detailed and patient work.:)

Through striving, to the stars.:confused:

beachwalker

Margaretta, I didn’t keep track of how long this took in actual hours since I was alternating with work on another project, but it’s been just about a year now since I started it. Thanks for your comments! :)

Well Cindy, our monthly Plant Parade challenge definitely allows you to work small scale! – miniatures are accepted !!!!;);)

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

beachwalker

Ohhh, such a good idea, Maureen, and that would give me a chance to experiment with other mediums, too! Thanks for the suggestion! :)

Shanec

Wow, that’s incredible, definately worth the effort. :)

Shane

https://artbyshanec.com

beachwalker

Wow, that’s incredible, definately worth the effort. :)

Thank you so much for your encouraging comment! My original plan was to do a companion for this piece with a very similar light effect, and if that ever happens, at least I will know in advance about how much time it will take to achieve a positive outcome! :)

Wow, amazing work.

LIL

beachwalker

Thank you, LIL! :)

Cindy, wow, this blows my mind! A masterful piece for sure.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

beachwalker

Kay, thank you for your lovely comments. After working on a drawing for a very long time I kind of lose my perspective on how it looks overall, and a WC forum is a obviously a wonderful place to get some feedback. :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.