Home Forums Explore Subjects Abstract and Contemporary Art **all Members Please Read**

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 88 total)
  • Author

IMPORTANT NEWS

https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=21564846#post21564846

Jon has a similar 2012 thread here re giving comments and/or receiving feedback on posts :cat:

I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF ALL MEMBERS READ AND COMMENT ON THIS THREAD.

I’ve noticed that some members are posting work and NEVER bothering to comment on other members threads or posts.

You all know that the WetCanvas forums are extremely friendly and interactive. Abstracts/Contemporary attract a wide audience. I as your moderator work very hard on a daily basis to be certain everyone receives replies to their artwork posts…not necessarily critiques as I’m not an expert in abstract art at all.

I know most members go to a lot of trouble to comment on other member’s posts, but we need to ensure that IF YOU POST AN ARTWORK HERE IN OUR FORUM YOU DO TRY TO ALSO COMMENT ON OTHER MEMBER’S ENDEAVORS. Be sure to thank those who have taken the time to comment on yours. Even if you have nothing to say you may use the smilies icons. If a poster has not requested C&C then they should not expect a critique but a kind word or icon would be nice and appropriate.

Please reply to this thread so I can see you’ve read and understood it.
    Many thanks to you all for trying to keep our wonderful forum friendly, welcoming, and interactive to all members and prospective members.

Admin addition: Tips on how to give C&C
    https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1200812

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

graphicali

I wonder if sometimes people are unsure what to say and so say nothing. It is good to encourage each other and I have often had times when I have been unsure about some work I have done but the folks here always help out. I have found WetCanvas to be invaluable and commenting on each others work helps to reinforce the feeling that I am among friends.

"I am not yet born; provide me, with water to dandle me, grass to grow for me, trees to talk to me, sky to sing to me, birds and a white light in the back of my mind to guide me." From Prayer Before Birth by Louis Macneice.
        trufflecat

Well said, Kay!

Art is never finished, only abandoned.-- Leonardo da Vinci :thumbsup:

http://www.susanbaileyart.com
            GuyBishop

Noted. And Kay: you rock!

IsobelW

I agree with this.

Bilateral

Absolutely agree Kay. Some of the best ideas come from our fellow members on this site.

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]“Do not fear mistakes - there are none.” Miles David

Bertoni

Agree!

Bertoni

Boafamily

The golden “do unto others” rule still applies nice going Kay…!!!

Katie Black

Oh, I agree.

I really don’t like that ‘take take take’ mentality at all – it is such bad form.

Katie Black Fine Art

"Life is far too important to be taken seriously." - Oscar Wilde

Eraethil

:thumbsup:

[FONT=Century Gothic] [FONT=Century Gothic]Comments and critique actively sought and much appreciated! [/SIZE][/B]
                                        Rick. . . [/COLOR][/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. .[/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic] . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR]pigment storm fine art[FONT=Century Gothic] . . . watch the paint flow![/SIZE]

Greggo

There are many factors involved in commenting here.
                                            In my case there are days when the RA is so painful I cannot type much.
                                            Some folks may feel inadequate to comment due to newness to the art world.
                                            Some folks probably just do not make comments, to each their own.
                                            If everyone commented about every piece perhaps each comment might have less value.
                                            Having said all that, I really appreciate all the artists here, I enjoy commenting on the wide and interesting variety presented daily. I, too, think that by commenting it has enhanced the feeling of fellowship. But if a person chooses to not to interact, that is their choice.
                                            There have been days when I just cannot find the time to devote to commenting.
                                            I dumped facebook over 3 months ago because of the endless useless chatter…. and the negativity.

I am so glad we have remained cheerful and positive here.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/17-Jul-2013/110200-Tatrabanner.jpg [FONT=Times New Roman] Click here for>> WC FAQS >

ronsu18

sorry to hear that, birdhs, you’re a good teacher!

words come, or they don’t?
                                                it has nothing to do with the quality of work, but it does adress a certain personal bias. i talk to those whose work ‘speaks my language’. there are several amazing artists on WC i admire but feel like a fool thinking about commenting their posts when i barely understand what i’m looking at. commenting would feel disingenuous though it’d be honest! english language is not easy. it takes time to write. forcing it leads to stupid brooken eeenglish you can’t delete, like yesterday…

having said that, if you lurkers really feel something watching a work, analyzing the feeling and finding words for it will help you, it will teach you, sharpen and speed up your observation skills. take the time for your own art’s sake. once you have the word/s – you’re ready to post! :)

C&C welcome

laf.art

I’ve become a much better painter over the years thanks to this forum. I’ve learned a lot, and look forward to learning more. I’d also like to thank the mods for the work they do.
                                                    Greggo so sorry to hear you’re suffering – your words are always welcome :)
                                                    Brava Kay for this post

laf-art.com | Prints | FB[/U
                                                    Instagram laf.abstracts

Greggo

I haven’t painted anything in well over a year. The meds are working now, most days, but just don’t feel like making more art right now.
                                                        I won’t name names, but there are many WC artists who are posting really great work, just the kind of work I would collect.
                                                        I do not and cannot comment on every artist’s work. Jes not enoof time. But I do look at most of them.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/17-Jul-2013/110200-Tatrabanner.jpg [FONT=Times New Roman] Click here for>> WC FAQS >

La_

125 views; 14 posts
                                                            sounds about par for the course

la

_____________________________________________
                                                            When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know Peace

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 88 total)
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.