Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting Early Bloomer 16×20

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    🤟🏻

My goal was to get this a bit brighter than my last cloudy landscape (autumn clouds over shellcamp), not sure how I did on the brightness without a learning curve thrown in there, but I feel like it’s at least a step in the right direction :p 16×20″ on canvas

As always comments and critiques are very much apprectiated! Thanks for looking

Paul Moreau
        Insta @pmoreau_fine_art
        FB @pmoreaufineart

AWC123

Nice trees. I tried a landscape background a while back and became very frustrated with the tree tops on the horizon. You should be pleased yours look good.

objctv

This has great texture and the red tree is a nice compliment to the greens.
                Well done.

You have a lot of nice things happening in this painting. The overall texture is very nice and I like that red tree.

You say you want to go brighter- your lighter values are a good place for that. You already have a good handle on value, so maybe just try for higher chroma in your middle and lighter value areas. Don’t over-use white or black, those both knock down chroma.

Lady Mars Orange Marmalade Stapleford
                Moderator: OIls, Pastels, Plein Air

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken. -Oscar Wilde

🤟🏻

AWC124, objctv, stapeliad thank you!

What you said is super helpful, stapeliad, I was kinda scratching my head lol. Noted for the future!

Paul Moreau
                    Insta @pmoreau_fine_art
                    FB @pmoreaufineart

Dcam

I think this speaks of what you wanted. Cloudy Autumn, Perhaps even rain. I like that mood.
                        The Overall texture really unifies the painting.
                        NICE Paul.

Hamburgefions

Very nice painting!
                            Especially the water.

asdo

WOW! Great texture, sense of depth, color, mood. Love the overcast look.

C&C Welcome

Instagram > DarkGlobeStudio

midwest

Beautiful united texture and compo. If you wanted you could probably brighten up the light areas a step

Kathie :
                                    Boafamily

So many beautiful textures and the colors are wonderful.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.