Home Forums Explore Subjects Still Life “ Roses ~ and~ Vase “

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    carolkay

Painted from life— 11×14 oil on linen

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Carol Sometime's failure is the opposite to success~ but sometimes failure can be the pathway to success
        Dcam
            goldensun

Amazing work, I really like your paintings.
                Carol, if I am not mistaken, I once saw you mention here in Wetcanvas that you have already studied painting with the illustrious artist David Leffel,
                Could you please tell us a little about this experience?

Beautiful Carol!

bobbymac

Absolutely beautiful Carol! Well done.

carolkay

Wow Carol: that is a beauty. What color and composition. Bravo.

derek

Thank you Derek – yr so kind to everyone – I deeply appreciate it !

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Carol Sometime's failure is the opposite to success~ but sometimes failure can be the pathway to success
                        carolkay

Amazing work, I really like your paintings.
                            Carol, if I am not mistaken, I once saw you mention here in Wetcanvas that you have already studied painting with the illustrious artist David Leffel,
                            Could you please tell us a little about this experience?

What a generous comment – greatly appreciated .my heart is warmed that you like my work – and you have a good memory !
                            Yes I have studied with David Laffel and Sherrie McGraw .
                            Years ago I went twice ( just before it closed down ) to the Bonner Ranch – if I’m rembering the name right ) it was owned by Fetchins granddaughter and husband !
                            It was so great – miles down a dirt road about 10 miles out of Taos NM.And close to Laffels home. There was an old farmhouse where people ( that flew Into SantaFe and shuttled there- would stay . A lady cooked all the meals .
                            They allowed us to park our RV close by – so that worked out great .
                            I also studied there with Gregg Kruetz ! One of Laffels students from NY!

I’ve been in Laffels and Sherrie’s home – been in his studio !

It was a great experience !!!!!!
                            I would of continued to go there if they hadn’t closed it down .

Thanks for asking . Iv been so blessed to study with many great masters. But going forward and manifesting work – using the knowledge one accumulates from all this is the only wY one gains .

I hope this explains it.

Carol

carolkay

Thank you Moises !

Thanks Bob – so humbled !

Beautiful Work!

goldensun

What a generous comment – greatly appreciated .my heart is warmed that you like my work – and you have a good memory !
                                    Yes I have studied with David Laffel and Sherrie McGraw .
                                    Years ago I went twice ( just before it closed down ) to the Bonner Ranch – if I’m rembering the name right ) it was owned by Fetchins granddaughter and husband !
                                    It was so great – miles down a dirt road about 10 miles out of Taos NM.And close to Laffels home. There was an old farmhouse where people ( that flew Into SantaFe and shuttled there- would stay . A lady cooked all the meals .
                                    They allowed us to park our RV close by – so that worked out great .
                                    I also studied there with Gregg Kruetz ! One of Laffels students from NY!

I’ve been in Laffels and Sherrie’s home – been in his studio !

It was a great experience !!!!!!
                                    I would of continued to go there if they hadn’t closed it down .

Thanks for asking . Iv been so blessed to study with many great masters. But going forward and manifesting work – using the knowledge one accumulates from all this is the only wY one gains .

I hope this explains it.

Carol

That is fascinating.
                                    You are so lucky, I have to admit that I’m envious of you, I’m a big fan of Leffel. I hope that you will be sharing more of your knowledge here in the forum and posting more photos of your work, I love your still life and portrait paintings.

billmahler

So expressive!
                                        Lovely work, Carol.

I only regret not drinking more champagne -
                                        Winston Churchill.
                                        http://billfitzgerald.blogspot.com/

carolkay

So expressive!
                                            Lovely work, Carol.

Thanks Bill . Thankfull you like it !

carolkay

Thank you Goldensun .. I’m allways happy to share with others . Just not greatest at delivering the words!!
                                                I hope to get going again like I had before losing my hubby !
                                                Thank you so much for ur heartfelt support – I’m humbled!
                                                Carol

zhm

Oh my! Exquisite! Well done!

Johndk

Thank you for sharing this. So enjoyed the colour combination – it has a marvellous classical feel. The brushwork is excellent.

As long as there is light, I will paint it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.