Home Forums Explore Media Pen and Ink Life model drawing – ink wash

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    wendyv123

I tried something new today. The ink in my Pilot Parallel pen is water soluble so I washed some ink with a waterbrush. We did 6 different poses this morning, this was my best one.
        [ATTACH]868637[/ATTACH]

She looks great! The wash works beautifully.

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
        Find me on Instagram
        Find me on Facebook

ronsu18

the lost edge near the foot is great, the values there, shapes, contrast… a good session! nice surprise about the pen. how long was the pose?

C&C welcome

Pose and proportions are pretty good, and the tone work also …. giving her a setting with that dark contrast also works well.

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

wendyv123

the lost edge near the foot is great, the values there, shapes, contrast… a good session! nice surprise about the pen. how long was the pose?

it was a ‘short’ pose, 20 minutes…

Anonymous

I’ve heard a usual short pose is 2 minutes ! – :eek:
                    Mike

wendyv123

We do that too… i dont speak English that well, so short for me is 10-20 minutes, quick is 2-5 minutes, long pose + 30 minutes for more detail… maybe I should call it somerhing else ? We do 2-5 minutes sometimes, but that is too short for me to draw with this kind of pen, a brush pen works better then but only small sketches.

Your English is fine Wendy! Would it be easier for you just to say ‘5 mins’ ’20 mins’ etc? …. if not, stay with your own description!!😃

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

Anonymous

Sorry Wendy,your English is indeed just fine, it is a sense of humour that doesn’t translate on the internet, not even between people who share the same language :lol:
                            Only a magician could have done a drawing like yours in 2mins anyway !
                            I like seeing your art school work here – especially as I learned by studying the drawings of masters in books from the library.
                            Seems like in Belgium they still have respect for traditional drawing skills :thumbsup: Here in the UK. you can leave art school after years without having had any drawing classes at all :confused: :(
                            What class is next for you !:)
                            Mike

wendyv123

Sorry Wendy,your English is indeed just fine, it is a sense of humour that doesn’t translate on the internet, not even between people who share the same language :lol:
                                Only a magician could have done a drawing like yours in 2mins anyway !
                                I like seeing your art school work here – especially as I learned by studying the drawings of masters in books from the library.
                                Seems like in Belgium they still have respect for traditional drawing skills :thumbsup: Here in the UK. you can leave art school after years without having had any drawing classes at all :confused: :(
                                What class is next for you !:)
                                Mike

I do art school for grown ups :) ‘drawing’ It is 5 years- minimum of 8 hours per week for the basics and 2 years specialization. Afterwards we receive an art degree/diploma if our work passes an external jury. I can experiment with all dry media, ink and watercolour. Drawing from observation is key, making sure perspective is correct in whatever subject etc… There is also painting, etching, sculpting, graphic… all 5+2 years. One of my teachers restores paintings from old Belgian masters, he prefers the more traditional ways. The others have a more modern approach. This is my 2nd year, no prior expercience except some creative hobbies like cake decorating :) I recently did a charcoal still life (plant) and Frankenstein’s monster on black paper with white Conté pencil, section drawing and sketching.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.