Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting Oil Painting – Hall of Fame What’s on Your Easel January 2016

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 94 total)
  • Author

Welcome to What’s on Your Easel for the month of January 2016! Please post your oil paintings that you are currently working on or have just finished.Everyone is welcome to post in this thread – Newbies and experts, as long as the work is in oil paint!

For a more complete critique post in the main forum.. :wave:

Lady Mars Orange Marmalade Stapleford
    Moderator: OIls, Pastels, Plein Air

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken. -Oscar Wilde

Dan-007

Still working on all three. hopefully will finish soon…

mtpalms

:thumbsup: Lookin’ Good Dan!

I got a little further with mine in the last few days. I am hoping to get back to it again on Wednesday. :crossfingers: I feel like I am making progress when I am painting, but at the end of the day, I don’t feel like I am making enough progress.

New link to my latest work.[/url]
            "The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier they dug on hallowed ground
            But the tomb of the unknown artist is nowhere to be found."

moscatel

Dan, love these horses!
                Marcia, love your progress!

Here is my set up and painting at this stage. measures: 22×29 in, oil on canvas (oil primed), (almost) sight size.

MarkMark

Fantastic paintings Dan

Looking really great Marcia

Complex set up there Moscatel will be great to see the progress

moscatel

Thanks Mark. Yes, it’s a bit complex .. I usually like to paint fruit & pots so this will be a challenge in many ways.

mtpalms

Moscatel, I love the reds! You could almost leave it at this stage, just finishing the shoes. :)

Mark, thank you. :heart:

moscatel

Marcia, never thought about it, you are right. Thanks!

AnnieA

Dan, all three are incredible!

Marcia, it’s looking good!

moscatel, love it! I think Marcia’s input, to finish the other shoe and then leave it , is a terrific idea. I like that a bit of the drawing shows through.

[FONT=Arial]C&C always welcome ©[/I] [/font]
                                    [FONT=Palatino]
                                    “Life is a pure flame and we live by an invisible sun within us.” ― Sir Thomas Browne [/size][/font]

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/29-Jul-2007/85002-sig-thumbnail_composite_2.jpg]/img]

I’m painting a seascape.

Painting is my passion.
                                    My website:

mtpalms

Very nice Jan! I hope you continue to post pictures as this painting progresses.

funderwood

Dan, your horses are wonderful, congratulations!!

funderwood

This cherry just finished. Oil on paper 10 X 14. Best wishes for 2016 !!

Becky@CT

Just finished looking at Dec and Jan. Such beautiful paintings! I’m going to try and do more painting this year. Finished this little lemon painting last week. 6″x8″ on Masonite board

Dan-007

added some glazes and detail hard to tell from this picture…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 94 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.