Home Forums Explore Subjects Animal and Wildlife Subjects "What are you working on?" July-August 2018

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    Triduana

Continued from this thread :)

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

Triduana

Half way through the year already! I don’t know how that happened.

I’ve got a few things to do this month. Our art club exhibition is coming up and I need to select paintings to show. I’m allowed 5 framed works – I’ve decided on 4 and I want to do a new painting as well. So now I’ve got all the mounting and framing to do.

I was out this morning for a walk and got my picture done for the Pen and Ink challenge. It was really nice just sitting on a hill in the sun with my sketchbook. There’s a great open space just 15 minutes walk from home and I’ve a feeling I’ll be making a lot more visits. :)

So who else is busy? What art projects do you have on the go? Please share them here!

So long, and thanks ...

Good luck with the exhibition, Kay.

The stretching hill sound good!

I’ve just ordered some drawing paper to start the A & W challenge. And, I’m turning my pastel leopard into an acrylic one!

Penny
            I live in Wiltshire, England
            “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” -Will Rogers

Kay –That sounds so lovely, sitting out in the sun sketching! We are in the middle of Winter here – I envy your outside sketching!

Penny – I think you and I have picked the same ref!

Moderator: Animal & Wildlife, Floral & Botanical, Watermedia

Here’s what I’m working on at the moment.
            I thought I’d get on to my Watermedia July Challenge early this month, as I’m always running late with it~so……I’m doing the lavender/purple Orchids, for the Watermedia July Challenge.

I’ve done a Pen & Ink sketch and then I intend to add watercolor washes to it. I may add Inktense Pencils or Neocolor II watersoluble wax crayons, and maybe more pen & ink after I’ve applied the watercolor, the fun of watermedia is you can add other media as you go if you want to. So I’ll see what happens!

8in x 12in – on Bockingford watercolor paper

Triduana

I like your ideas for the watermedia piece Viv. It’s a lovely reference too. I might a go at one of the pictures, I like this one and the artichoke plant. It’s a while since I’ve done a watercolour.

Does anyone else go through the forum at the start of the month and subscribe to all the challenge threads? I love to watch everyone’s ideas emerge even if I don’t take part.

So long, and thanks ...

I check out each challenge, even if I don’t take part.

Sounds good, Viv. looking forward to seeing if we have chosen the same photo!

Penny
                “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” -Will Rogers

Did we choose the same, Viv? 😁

Penny

No we didn’t! :thumbsup: But we nearly did – I was going to do that one then I changed my mind!:)

Ah! :)

Penny

Geoff

Latest work, took a long time. in Coloured pencil on mountboard

Www.facebook.com/geofffielding

Triduana

Hi Geoff, thanks for posting! I love your chameleon, it’s so colourful. I love the way it’s peering at me too. :thumbsup:

Penny – nice start to the dog portrait. It’s such a lovely ref.

So long, and thanks ...

Very good, Geoff. Haven’t though of using board for coloured pencil. What make is it?

Thanks, Kay. It is a lovely photo. Im having trouble with the background, as usual!

Penny

Geoff – that’s wonderful and what a lot of work! Youve achieved such awesome texture!

What brand of pencils do you use, Geoff?

Penny

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 96 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.