Home Forums Explore Media Watermedia Watermedia Challenge for October 2018

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 150 total)
  • Author
    Triduana

Hi everyone and welcome to the October Watermedia Challenge :wave:

Here’s a range of pictures I’ve taken that you are free to use however you like. Some of them are seasonal, some not so much. I hope there’s something for everyone – I’d love to see lots of you taking part :)

You can paint as many of the images as you like, and there’s no reveal date, so just post your paintings as soon as you’re ready. Along with your painting please let us know the type of watermedia you’ve used and the size and surface.

And of course, the main aim is to have lots of fun!

Here’s a spring picture of some lovely tulips:

And the first radishes out of my raised bed – pretty good they were too!

A grey squirrel that used to visit the garden where I used to live

Some glass chillies

A beautiful old olive tree

A Dianthus and guest in my garden

A dry stane dyke (dry stone wall) and stile on the path to Edin’s Hall Broch [/URL]in the Scottish Borders

Truffles for sale at the market in Sarlat, France

How about a picture with lots of lovely angles – Chateau du Beynac

Nice Autumn colours on this rowan leaf

And finally one to have a bit of fun with … a field of drying sunflowers

And if you’d like an additional challenge – I’ve just been reminded it’s Halloween next month – how about giving your picture a Halloween theme?

Whatever you choose to do, have fun! I’m looking forward to seeing what you decide on! :)

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

Lots to choose from! Thanks for hosting. That’s one fat squirrel. Now to find one to start.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

laika

Wow, an excellent bunch of photos! Now, to find the one that doesn’t overwhelm me…

Lamar

Art is life's dream interpretation.
            - Otto Rank

It is InkTober now, too, so we can use any of these to do a daily one in ink, then add color later.

Kay

CaliAnn

Beautiful images – now to choose… hmmmm….

Triduana

It is InkTober now, too, so we can use any of these to do a daily one in ink, then add color later.

Good idea Kay :)

So long, and thanks ...

Merriweather

Radishes, outlined in ink, water colour pencils, on graphite sketch paper.

I don’t know how to flip the whole thing over… must have happened when I scanned it in.

cheers and thanks for the nice photos for this month.

Painting is a complete distraction. I know of nothing which, without exhausting the body, more entirely absorbs the mind. Winston Churchill

CaliAnn

Lovely radishes Merriweather :)

These are juicy looking radishes! I’ve flipped it for you:

Kay

Triduana

Thanks for being the first to post Merriweather. I love the look of those radishes, especially all those greens in the leaves. :)

So long, and thanks ...

ColdPress

Kay M, these photos are great. Thanks for sharing them.

Merriweather, I like the color blending and contrast on the radishes. A very fresh look.

(I’ve been focusing on other things lately. Hope to participate this month. Best to all here.)

… CP

Happy painting! ... CP

Merriweather

These are juicy looking radishes! I’ve flipped it for you:

Thank you KreativeK for flipping the pic for me. :wave:

Triduana –
                                        Thank you for your kind comment. Yes, it was the leaves I wanted to challenge myself with. I find I am not ‘quite there yet’ with leaves that are bunched up, and so I choose what affords me practice.
                                        Thank you Coldpress, glad you liked the sketch.

cheers
                                        Merriweather

Painting is a complete distraction. I know of nothing which, without exhausting the body, more entirely absorbs the mind. Winston Churchill

Merriweather

Caliann – Thank you….

Triduana

ColdPress – thanks for stopping by, hope you get the chance to join in. :)

So long, and thanks ...

IsobelW

Tried the squirrel. Dip pen,grey and brown ink, and water colour.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 150 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.