WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Illustration
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-08-2005, 09:11 PM
Harrisburg

Hails from United States
Princess Yupo (modern watercolor)

Hi all, first post here in awhile.

Well, I have to admit all the Yupo talk in the watercolor forums got me curious, and I sent away for my free pack from the company. My first foray into this amazing new ground went surprisingly well, by my standards, and the results are posted below. There is still a little work to do, but it's mostly done.

I should mention that all (well, most of) the little hairs you see in the detail pics are a happy accident that occurred when lifting the first layer of paint almost entirely off with tissue/toilet paper. Since I'm a sucker for texture, I love it, but it might not be to some others' tastes.

There are also a few fingerprints to be found; something that I will have to try hard to avoid in the future when painting on Yupo.

Anyway, amazing color and texture reproduction, and my saturated glazes no longer turn muddy! Wowza I am hooked.

All C&C welcomed!

8 1/2 x 11 Yupo 58 lb. cover , assorted artist quality watercolor paints

E

PS: Does anyone know how to post to multiple forums simultaneously? I want to cross-post this to several but couldn't figure out a way.

My Art-Agent Gallery
http://www.jondrahn.com
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-10-2005, 02:30 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Omnia mea mecum porto.

Hails from United States
Re: Princess Yupo (modern watercolor)

Interesting technique, I can see some real possibilities with this.

The fact which the politician faces is merely that there is less honor among thieves than was supposed, and not the fact that they are thieves. --Thoreau
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-12-2005, 10:26 AM
Harrisburg

Hails from United States

Thanks, Dave.

My Art-Agent Gallery
http://www.jondrahn.com
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-12-2005, 04:31 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Southeast Missouri

Hails from United States

Eraserhead,

Nice work! I find that your love for texture is showing through, and done quite well! As for the minor mistakes that you mentioned, (fingerprints, etc.) They don't show here, so it's not distracting.

As far as cross posting, the direct way is to copy your text and paste it in a new thread in each forum you want to post in. I am sure there is another way, and I will try to find that out for you.

I enjoyed this piece! I hope you post more!

Terry

"First star on the right, and straight on 'till morning!"