Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting John Lennon portrait

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Cliff sayer

oil on canvas, 7.5 x 7.5″

ptrkgmc

This is excellent.

Cliff sayer

This is excellent.

Thank you, much appreciated!

Tony11214

That’s very good. But why so small?

123harry

Yes, that’s him! The very sharply defined hair is a bit distracting. Maybe could be smeared into the background in places?…

C&C always welcome.
                        Instagram harry.hamill

koksie

Great painting!

bye Brigitte

Cliff sayer

That’s very good. But why so small?

I only have a very small room as my studio, and my house is crowded with larger paintings so thought i’d do some smaller works

Cliff sayer

Yes, that’s him! The very sharply defined hair is a bit distracting. Maybe could be smeared into the background in places?…

Thanks you, yes I was looking for contrast, a bad habit I picked up painting acrylics, back to oils now though

dustlilac

Great likeness, uncompromising, love it!

DMArtist7

Delightful brushwork, I believe I have to agree with people here, his hair is too heavy in contrast and is a tad distracting. Other than that, I love it.

Although, you got my curiosity. I have tried to look for the reference because I loved the 3/4 profile of him, but couldn’t find anything.

Could you please guide me in the right direction where you found this reference? It’s understandable if you don’t want to reveal your source. Either way, I figured it won’t hurt to ask you.

"Choose only one master – Nature." ~ Rembrandt

Cliff sayer

Delightful brushwork, I believe I have to agree with people here, his hair is too heavy in contrast and is a tad distracting. Other than that, I love it.

Although, you got my curiosity. I have tried to look for the reference because I loved the 3/4 profile of him, but couldn’t find anything.

Could you please guide me in the right direction where you found this reference? It’s understandable if you don’t want to reveal your source. Either way, I figured it won’t hurt to ask you.

Hi, thank you I google image searched John Lennon and though I cant find the original site now here is the reference image

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.