Home Forums Explore Subjects Aviation Art Aftermath

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    vegaskip

Four masted barque ‘Pinmore’ with heavy weather damage to her masts and spars.
        An interesting career worth looking up
        . Watercolour 420mm X 297mm
        Jim
        [ATTACH]867661[/ATTACH]

Trumper

A lovely painting and as you say an interesting if not sad end http://www.bruzelius.info/Nautica/Ships/Fourmast_ships/Pinmore(1882).html

tmwilliams

Excellent.

vegaskip

Thank you both.
                    Jim

hmshood5

A grand old lady who took the worst storm and still kept sailing.

"All of us get lost in the darkness... Dreamers learn to steer by the stars"
                        www.brianfioreart-aviartisa.com

vegaskip

Thank you. She had quite a life, and a dramatic end.’Captured by Count Von Luckner’s SEEADLER off Argentina. He had served on the Pinmore in 1902 and now sailed her into Rio de la Plata for stores. On returning to the SEEADLER he scuttled his old ship on 19/2/1917.’
                            I love doing these kind of paintings. Landscapes, I just need to look out side. Gardens, flowers and wild life. Right outside my back door. They are all there. But for this type of thing, imagination, a story is all you need ( a reference photo or description helps)
                            Jim

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.