Home Forums Explore Subjects Artwork from Life Scavengers Hunt #602 Sept 10 – 18

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    jmfletch

Scavenger Hunt #602: Sep 10 – 18

If you’ve participated in at least one Scavenger Hunt and have time to host one we would really appreciate it. You can sign up by posting your name on the current hosting schedule in the Art From Life forum here:

http://https://www.wetcanvas.com/foru…hreadid=366347
        Here are the rules for the hunt:

*All items on the list must be sketched from life – not imagination or photo reference.

*Each object you draw can count for only one item on the list, no matter how many shapes/parts/colors that object contains. This was agreed on by unanimous vote among the participants.

*You may place multiple objects together in a drawing or painting, and may count these objects as separate items, but no single object can count for more than one item.

*All items posted must be numbered. Count them as you go. The first item you post will be #1 regardless of its place on the list. Do them in whatever order you wish, but count them in the order in which you sketch them, from 1 to 26.

Do as many or as few of the items as you like. You don’t have to finish the entire list to participate. The Scavenger Hunt “week” will last for 9 days, with the next hunt starting on the 9th day.

Please tell us your size, surface, medium, and the amount of time it took you for each sketch. We love hearing about your subjects and setups. Photos of your subjects are welcome.

*** If you have some hunt sketches completed but little time to read/comment, please post your sketches anyways. Commenting is appreciated but not necessary. ***

Scavenger Hunt #602: Sep 10 – 18
        T-shirt
        Teabag/Tea
        Tablet – paper or device
        Tree
        Travel – anything you associate with it
        Torn
        Tack
        Table
        Train
        Tangy
        Tongs
        Tart – any kind of sweet
        Ticket
        Tag
        Thumb
        Tangle
        Teapot
        Teddy
        Teeth
        Telephone
        Tomato – any vegetable ( yes I know it is really a fruit)
        Tangerine – any fruit
        Thermometer
        Thick
        Thin
        Thorn

Challenge:
        1 Use any medium not part of your normal art efforts
        2 blind contour
        3 create a composition of 5 or more items

Keep sketching
        Joe

“The act of art can be so relaxing after you get over yourself.” - Quoting Robin

Eye

Joe: Thanks for the list. All are fantastic Ts….

Ai

Painting is my soul. My blog.
            https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/01-Feb-2009/4926-ai_signature_Feb09.gif

jmfletch

Wanted to get it up early so you have it on time :wave:

Joe

“The act of art can be so relaxing after you get over yourself.” - Quoting Robin

Thanks, Joe for the Timely list.

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
                My website https://jocastilloart.com

Eye

#1 tart … a dry fruits and nuts tart …drawn on MicrosoftSurfacePro using a stylus with DrawBoard app.

Ai

https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/01-Feb-2009/4926-ai_signature_Feb09.gif

jmfletch

Ai – Points for being first. Nice digi. That tart looks yummy. Did you get a SurfacePro? Or is it work tool?

Keep sketching
                        Joe

individuo

Hello everybody.

Joe, thank you very much for the list and challenges.

Ai, that looks quite tasty!

C&C are welcome as well as any corrections on my English.

jmfletch

Jo – I did truly laugh out loud at the ‘Timely’. Travel safe.

Individuo – Good morning!

Joe

Eye

Thanks Individuo and Joe.

Joe: I have used my SurfacePro for teaching by connect it to the classroom projector. It is a powerful working laptop computer that you can write on with the provided stylus. Its keyboard can be detached; hence, you can use just the screen component in tablet manner. I use it to teach data science, writing programing code to crunch numbers as a demo to my class as well. When I teach I save all my Power-Point presentation lecture files as .pdf. Then I write on the .pdf file, kind of like you write on PPT slides. Anyway the DrawBoard app. is more like writing notes on .pdf; it is not for full art painting (like it cannot blend colors )… I am a slow learner and I have still lots of things to learn, even with the DrawBoard app.

Ai

jmfletch

Ai – I have seen ads for surface pro but it seemed part laptop part tablet but stemmed compromise on both sides. Hearing your use of it sounds like it really is a tablet and a laptop. If you can code on it, that kind of says it all. Thanks for the info!

Joe

Pine Cone

Joe — Fun list ☀️ It suits me to a T, and I see many things I want to sketch on your list, plus I want to do a challenge sketch. Time [ironically] will be a problem, but I’ll Try my best 😄

Ai — Your sketch is a Tasty start to our event! Lovely sketch and colors ✨ Your device sounds cool. Plus, I had to try the app. It has its limits, but also some interesting possibilities. You very much made the most of it with your sketch, getting more out of it than might seem possible at first look. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

name — gravity and grace along the path

nickname — intuitive balance of forces[/color]

eyepaint

Joe – thanks for the new list

Ai – that tart looks good and mmmm I’m hungry :)

-- EP Moderator for:
                                                All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Joan T

Joe, thanks for the T list!! Looks like fun.

Ai, your tart looks yummy! I could use something sweet right now.

Will get to work on this tomorrow.

[FONT=Book Antiqua]Joan T
                                                    [FONT=Book Antiqua]www.watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com

In travel sketchbook with Micron O2.

Ai, the tart is amazing and makes me hungry.

Hi everyone, on the road again today.

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
                                                    My website https://jocastilloart.com

jmfletch

Could not get on last night but it appears WC fixed the problem.

Pine Cone – I am glad the list fits to a T. The intent was to Tease your Talent and Test your Tenacity. :smug:

Jo – A land line? You must really be out in the boonies. Nice workin your Travel sketchbook.

EP, Joan – :wave:

Keep sketching
                                                        Joe

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.