Home Forums Banana? What Banana?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    stlukesguild

https://nypost.com/2019/12/05/this-banana-duct-taped-to-a-wall-is-yours-for-120k-at-art-basel/%5B/URL%5D

https://nypost.com/2019/12/07/the-120k-banana-at-art-basel-eaten-by-ny-performance-artist/?fbclid=IwAR3b9q1TaJVOkzXoB6cxE13qUsxf-to-RQ9RfCTqUHEG0KD7D7NC6OnznI8

:lol:

Saintlukesguild-http://stlukesguild.tumblr.com/
        "Beauty is truth, truth beauty—that is all ye know on earth and all ye need to know." - John Keats
        "Modern art is what happens when painters stop looking at girls and persuade themselves that they have a better idea."- John Ciardi

John Emmett

[FONT=”Garamond]Bananas as a substitute for substance.

:rolleyes: [/FONT]

ianuk

I read this article this morning, I didn’t peel very well after reading it.

EnPassant

There are so many things wrong with this: The banana is at the wrong angle, the duck tape is too bright, nobody seems to have considered the underpainting on the wall (v. important), the colour of the banana is way off, the dark spots on the banana are badly distributed, the light and shade are disastrous, I could go on and on…

stlukesguild

The argument is often that the “uneducated” and those lacking artistic sensitivity fail to get the joke, but the painter, Steven Assael suggested: “A joke told over again just isn’t funny anymore… we have heard this joke (Duchamp) over a hundred years ago.”

Saintlukesguild-http://stlukesguild.tumblr.com/
                        "Beauty is truth, truth beauty—that is all ye know on earth and all ye need to know." - John Keats
                        "Modern art is what happens when painters stop looking at girls and persuade themselves that they have a better idea."- John Ciardi

snoball

I think it was to prove the point that some rich fool will pay any amount for anything. It has already been proved in the past. Love that the artist ate it. :D

If you're asking me for advice, I'm going to assume that you've run out of rational options.
                            My work on Facebook

La_

way to play with the gawkers, stodgies, gullibles and those with a sense of humor

banksy’s shredder was better, but i smiled, rolled my eyes ‘n giggled

la

MrsFoundit

Well, it got attention.

"None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm." - Henry David Thoreau

Moderator Acrylics Forum~~~Reference Image Library

musket

Which was the whole point of the exercise.

ianuk

Visiting my local supermarket negates the travel costs to see the exhibition and they have bunches of art there.

snoball

Visiting my local supermarket negates the travel costs to see the exhibition and they have bunches of art there.

But don’t you have to supply your own duct tape to truly appreciate the art? :lol:

If you're asking me for advice, I'm going to assume that you've run out of rational options.
                                                My work on Facebook

ianuk

Well it does have some kind of appeal…

snoball

Is it a peel appeal?

My work on Facebook

AllisonR

There’s no accounting for taste…. um, I mean stupidity.

Being born places you at a greater risk of dying later in life.

http://www.artallison.com/
                                                          Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.