Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Palette Talk Daily Wash Monday 9th December 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    doppler

Good evening all.

Cooler dry day today.

Had to go out to the dump. THere really is only rubbish at the dump these days. While walking to the recycle bins a bloke had parked his ute very close. As I edged past, I noticed a ding on the passenger side. DId you have an accident ? Yeah, I hit a Tree. Me, they should all be arrested.

So (Kay :lol: )…… I proceeded down through the dying bush to Samford. Dropped into the local feed store. NO, they are out of Bigfoot feed. (Macropod, wallabies). There was a sudden rush on the weekend they said as they rubbed their hands in glee. Ordered a 20 k bag that I will pick up Thursday. It’s much cheaper than the Lucerne cat litter.

Came home and made our now favourite lunch. Fresh mango, banana, red pawpaw and icecream. More vitamins than you could spit at. Still have rockmelon and watermelon in the fridge. And more mangos. And more Icecream. :eek:

Sum total of the day’s efforts. Nil. But a good day.

Left to right, redneck pademelon, sulphur crested cockatoos, ubiquitous scrub turkey, wider pigeon. Yeah, can see the neighbours now. They are good people.

:wave:

Annie
        "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
        Steven Wright
        My Flickr Site

shadye1

Good Morning All.
            Listened to heavy rain and hail all night.
            Elvis turned up for breakfast.
            Sweetiepie bustled out at speed and boxed his ears, sending him on his way.
            Saw our MP (Eton educated) Rees Mogg looking like a cadaver in the pouring rain. Jacob looks positively Victorian when soaked.
            A male Black Cap and Blackbird under the porch taking grapes.

Good morning all, a late start after a broken night. I was awake reading half the night and just got another couple of hours sleep.

Good evening Annie, quite a menagerie you have there.

Golden dawn here, a routine Monday ahead.

PS hi Rod a nice morning here. Yes your MP is a funny stick.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Lulu

Evening all…

Today was a Sunday day for me, lazed all day, soaked up the sun, did literally nothing much, because yesterday was busy.
                Makes for a short week lol

Rod, Black Caps here are our NZ Cricket team…

A tragedy still unfolding here off the east coast of the North Island of NZ – White Island volcano erupted while tour groups were visiting. Just awful, you will see it on your news. :(

Lulu

Proud to be Kiwi!

doppler

Yeah Lulu. Who lets people trek to the most active volcano in NZ when activity is increasing in the past few day ? Cruise liners. Tour guides.

All this from the woman who climbed the volcano on Tanna island in Vanuatu, in white jeans, arrived grey, looked into the caldera and it spat at me. Small eruption but the urgent need to depart was communicated by my bowels and the guides. It stank of sulphur but the way.

Annie
                    "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
                    Steven Wright
                    My Flickr Site

Hi Lulu, I was just reading about it, a few miles off the coast of the Bay of Plenty. Did I read of an earthquake in your rea the other day?

A nice morning here.

Doug

Lulu

Hi Lulu…. Did I read of an earthquake in your rea the other day?

Doug

Not sure how to answer that Doug…. ;)

Lulu

Proud to be Kiwi!

Ok! You are awful – but I like you (shove) :)

Doug

Bill

Good day all,

Thanks Lulu and Doug for the laugh.

I read about the volcano last night. Why wasn’t the government controlling visits while it was active?

An entertaining view, Annie.

Rod, Ms. Feral chases off all female cats but cowers from the Toms.

I’ll meet with my wellness coach this morning and do a little shopping.
                            Bill

Be kinder than necessary

Good Morning all,
                            It is almost 7:00 a.m. in wet, but not raining yet, Oakwood. Must have rained during the night though because the road is wet.

Trying to find something to draw for class this afternoon. I’m almost finished with the barn one I started last week and I like to have one waiting in the wings in case I need it to finish the class time.

Terrible tragedy with the tourists on the live volcano. I read there were still groups stranded on the volcano and they can’t get to them to rescue them in addition to the ones who were killed. I enjoyed seeing Vesuvius from afar when we lived near Naples, but never had the desire to climb up it like so many people did.

Interesting menagerie eating in your yard, Annie. So sorry your Garden of Eden is suffering so in the drought. :(

June, Hope the surgery went well and you are recuperating peacefully while you heal.

Kay, :clap: on your audition. Hope the next one will come with a call back. :crossfingers:

Bill, Enjoy your visit with the wellness coach and you’re shopping.

:wave: to all, gotta call Larry and make some Oatbran cereal for breakfast now.

SYL,

Sylvia

:wave: everyone,
                            I was busy yesterday and forgot to check in here until the evening. :rolleyes: I got all the floors vacuumed and washed, the rec room organized, the kitchen cleaned, the fridges cleaned, and the regular chores done. A parcel was delivered by Canada Post on a Sunday. :eek: They must be really busy with package deliveries.

The huge wind and snow yesterday meant going out to stake the inflatable decorations down, and shovel and snowblow before an expected flash freeze. The kids came over for a couple of hours to visit and the boys were full of energy as usual.

Today I need to get a few groceries and make a chocolate coffee pound cake (the last of the baking). I’m glad Brian used the snowblower on the pile from the snowplow across the end of the driveway before he left for work. He had no choice since it was high enough that he couldn’t run his truck over it. At least I don’t have to do it before I go out.

Not a lot planned for today but I’m sure something will come up. :lol:

I’ll have to look up the volcano news story. I didn’t see the news all weekend.

I hope you all have a great start to your week.

www.ellenspalette.com

Uschi

Good Morning!!

Temperature is climbing to a high of 8C this evening then smack down to freezing again. The forecast is for rain all day long, but it was wrong yesterday, although it is wet out there.

As I woke up this morning it suddenly hit me how close to Christmas it is getting. I’ll have to start making a list and actually do some things, don’t know what yet:)

I hadn’t heard about the active volcano either, I checked it out, I hope the people who are still there stay safe.

When my teacher son was 20, he and his friend decided to climb up one of the volcanos in Hawaii and then couldn’t get back down again. They had to be picked off the side by helicopter. I knew nothing about it until years later:D

Kay :clap: :clap: :clap: you took the big step back into your life!!! You must have felt so good going to the audition!!! Sorry about the cold, I hope it isn’t one of those where the coughing lasts forever.

Annie, your neighbours were well hidden, you probably never expected to see their houses. This must be so discouraging for all of you. That is a VERY nice and tasty lunch you have enjoyed.

Sylvia, I think June’s surgery isn’t until tomorrow. Enjoy your class. Does Nita paint while you are in class??

:wave: to all here and all yet to come and I wish us all a really good day!!

Uschi

:wave: Very dull out there, hope it is a little better later, I have dancing this afternoon and an interview in the morning. We have a video artist who is recording all the artists in our group for posterity, I gather a discussion of what we do and our approach to it. Will be fun, she is a lively woman.

Rubbish sleep here too, Doug. Thanks for the chuckle, you and Annie!

Does look so dry Annie, but they are still alive, thanks to you :heart:

Yes, we heard about the island eruption too, sounds bad.

Still knitting, but must get to the family knits now.

The Gallery was busy yesterday, more people just looking still, but taking their time. Lots of sales though, mostly small stuff. We have a wonderful ceramic artist who makes very thin Christmas ornaments, gingerbread people with initials on them, as well as angels and she is giving them more personality now, and branching out into tiny sculptures too.

Nice to see an artist expand her repertoire. We have a hand counter to try and record the traffic, but it was so busy we missed a lot! When it is like that, we need a third person just to count and help on the floor.

Char, that is a pity that your gallery is not able to be open more often. We actually are able to hire two people for the weekend, one Saturday, and one for the 3 hours on Sunday. That’s in addition to our 3 other part time staff. But we have to fund raise a lot during the year to support the pay. Otherwise only volunteers helping, including setup for various shows and this big one.

Many of the volunteers are not artist members, but faithful friends who are stalwart supporters. The board is a working board too, always lots to do. I’ve done my bit there, and on various committees over the years, now I just do a stint once a month on the weekend to give the Saturday worker time for a break.

Hope you found the skating, Uschi, the Gala was marvelous, especially Usuru Hanyu, mesmerizing! I hope they post some of it.

Good to see you post, Kay, and :thumbsup: for getting the audition!

Greetings to all, and hugs to all in need :heart: :grouphug: :heart:

Cheers, Lynn
                                www.fineartamerica.com/profiles/lynn-macintyre
                                "Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen

Uschi

Lynn, I meant to tell you, found the skating and watched it right after posting yesterday. Beautiful!!!! Thanks! Great to hear that the gallery is so busy!!

Uschi

ScarletLake

:wave: HELLO EVERYONE:wave:

Like everyone else I have been busy with Christmas things. On Saturday Keith & I went to the mall & I bought a couple of shirts for Justin, an OHIO State BUCKEYES banner, some dip mixes, a book so very happy with the trip. We walked the entire mall, had lunch & stopped in at Barnes & Noble.

We saw lots of pretty holiday things. My absolute favorite little pillow was found in Hallmark. I wish we would have bought it. It was red with white lettering that said “I’M GOING HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS & A WEEK LATER I’LL BE IN THERAPY.” :lol: :lol: :lol:

On Sunday we put up our outdoor decor which is greenery & lights around our porch posts, under our front window & along our white porch bench. Also the icicle lights along the roof. It looks very pretty in the evening with the lights.

Today I’ve got to wrap the gifts & this week get them in the mail. Also get my Christmas cards made out & mailed. A few things in the house final cleaning. Also going shopping with my youngest son Josh one day this week & lunch out.

Raining outside now. On Wednesday it’s too be very COLD out. Glad we are cozy inside.

Sending good thoughts to everyone especially all those with health issues. Speaking of which I have just read about the new virus that is making everyone sick. Looks like it is very heavy in the southern USA but making its way north. It can lower your immune system making it easier for other things to hit you. Take care everyone

OK see ya tomorrow

Anita

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.