Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor The Learning Zone Rublev Watercolors

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Dolphinfsg

I snagged 6 full pans, 6 half pans and 7 seashell pans of new Rublev watercolors at Goodwill for $3.00. Does anyone know anything about this brand? They seem pretty old.

janinco

You can still get the watercolor in seashells:
            https://davinciartistsupply.com/shop/index.php?cPath=100015_100412_100133_102985

Their brand is popular in oils, also. They’re considered natural pigments.
            https://www.naturalpigments.com/watercolor/paints.html

Looks like you got a great deal!

Jan

teshparekh

You got yourself a great deal. These are good quality paints.

Thank you.

- Tesh Parekh

yellow_oxide

They can’t be too old, since they didn’t start making paint until sometime in the mid to later 2000s, so it’s basically still new. It’s really good paint, and worth far, far more than you paid. $3 wouldn’t even buy one of these pans.

Dolphinfsg

Beautiful Colors. The bag had duplicates of everything. So I won’t be running out anytime soon. I love a good find.

The Seashells are pretty gimmicky. They don’t lay flat which makes using them annoying. They include what appears to be less than a half pan of paint. Maybe if the shells were larger and flatter?

Cyntada

Anchor those seashells to something with a generous blob of BluTak or similar, they will stop wobbling around. Nice find!

CK =)
                            I take great comfort in knowing that my genuine typos will probably be blamed on some device's autocorrect. :angel:
                            DIY art supplies, sketches, and more: cyntada.com / @cyntada
                            Ellen E

What a find! You’re so lucky!

I think the little shells are cute. I agree that blue tac or something like that would be a good way to anchor them.

I’m very very limited in what I can pay for art supplies, so I love a bargain. I was wanting to make myself a little travel kit using half pans in a breath mint tin but I don’t have any of the little magnetic dots and can’t buy any. But the other day, they passed around some new phone books and on the front there was a business card that was magnetic to stick on the fridge. Voila! Magnetic stuff to make the little watercolor travel box.

It’s wonderful when we keep our eyes peeled and our imaginations in gear isn’t it? Who would have thought to look at Goodwill for watercolors? You did and it paid off big time. Congratulations! Let us know how you like the watercolors in paintings. :)

Dolphinfsg

It’s wonderful when we keep our eyes peeled and our imaginations in gear isn’t it? Who would have thought to look at Goodwill for watercolors? You did and it paid off big time. Congratulations! Let us know how you like the watercolors in paintings. :)

You would be surprised what you can find at Goodwills and Thrift Stores. I have found wooden paint boxes and tackle boxes filled with paints and brushes. I found some great W&N Oil Paints for pennies per tube. I don’t paint with Oil, so I sold them on ebay and purchased some watercolor supplies – win. I always keep my eyes open for craft/art supplies at yard sales too.

Cyntada

I’m very very limited in what I can pay for art supplies, so I love a bargain. I was wanting to make myself a little travel kit using half pans in a breath mint tin but I don’t have any of the little magnetic dots and can’t buy any. But the other day, they passed around some new phone books and on the front there was a business card that was magnetic to stick on the fridge. Voila! Magnetic stuff to make the little watercolor travel box.

You’re my kinda artist for sure! :wave:

CK =)
                                        I take great comfort in knowing that my genuine typos will probably be blamed on some device's autocorrect. :angel:
                                        DIY art supplies, sketches, and more: cyntada.com / @cyntada
                                        DharmaQueen

I get probably 40% of my art supplies at our local Goodwill stores. My favorite travel pallete, 12 half pans of unknown manufacturer, came from there for $1.21. I wish I knew who made it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.