WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Digital Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-21-2005, 05:30 PM
A Local Legend
Across Puget sound From Seattle

Hails from United States
help with glitch in paintshop pro 7 please

I hope this is the right place for this. I am so frustrated I can't speak and have had this program for 5 years and love it...but this has never happened before...

I click new image...I can select the size etc... and generally when it comes up there is no background....

I use flood fill to get a background ...but now it comes up with a background and I don't want one and it won't let me flood fill...OR erase...it will let me change it to another color but I can't alter it in any other way...this is most disconcerting. I want it back... I have been looking for my disc but I just moved and just can't lay my hands on it at the moment.

I have rebooted...if I could find the disc I would uninstall and reinstall.

Can anyone help me please?

Also when the color for the background comes up it is this weird grid with all these color blocks... I am not used to seeing it that way... I am very frustrated to say the least that I can not just remove the background of the image ..... any suggestions?

thanks!

CATS! can't live with them, Can't live without them!
Why do they lay in your path and refuse to move out of your way and then complain bitterly when you trip over them?
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-21-2005, 06:28 PM
New Zealand

Hails from New Zealand
Re: help with glitch in paintshop pro 7 please

I dont use PSP but it sounds like when you create a new image, you have the option of starting with a background (canvas) colour or none (transparent) the weird 'grid with blocks' usually is a 'fill-in' when you have a transparent background - if you can see these block it means part of the image is transparent.

Maybe theres a setting somewhere thats lets you set the default background for new images.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-21-2005, 10:52 PM
A WC! Legend
Ontario

Hails from Canada

Hi !ngridh, I use PSP7 and have never had or heard of that problem , sounds like somehow your copy got currupted. why don't you contact PSP (now Corel) and explain the problem to them. They may be able to help you

sorry I'm no help and good luck
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-22-2005, 12:58 AM
Enthusiast
Los Angeles

Hails from United States

could you post a picture of the background?

Sounds like it's a canvase setting like Son sugested. My guess, canvase is set to no background with transparency locked, .... but im just guessing, I dont have that program.
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-22-2005, 06:16 AM
A WC! Legend
Ontario

Hails from Canada

No canvas layer in PSP, you can only set the layers to .. transparent, black, white, red, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin
could you post a picture of the background?

Sounds like it's a canvase setting like Son sugested. My guess, canvase is set to no background with transparency locked, .... but im just guessing, I dont have that program.

Ingrid don't know if this will work but open a new image then add a transparent layer (now you have 2 layers ) delete the first layer

Last edited by justjean : 10-22-2005 at 06:20 AM.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-22-2005, 10:36 AM
Enthusiast
Halifax, NS Canada

Hails from Canada

It has been awhile since I had PSP 7 on my machine but I think this would be true of it as
with other versions, when you start a new image if you don't have transparent check you will get a background.

Also if you think PSP 7 may have corrupted you can still use Willy's Reset:
http://www.pluspsp.com/p/tips/willyreset.html

Edie