Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting Oil Painting – Hall of Fame Welcome to What’s On Your Easel……August 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    !becca

Welcome to WOYE August 2019…Post your works in progress here so long as they are in oils…everyone is welcome!!!
        :wave:

For a more complete critique post in the main forum!

Becca “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
        Becca's Fine Art

KEVIN$

Just about done with this.. I like it but….

ks

Kevin Slaby
            2002 Mustang - 902hp but BROKE at 953hp
            http://baselinesuspensions.com/Projects/balrog.htm

Michaelshane

Someday everything is going to be different,when I paint my masterpiece.
                Bob Dylan.

KEVIN$

I don’t really want the eye of the waves to be orange so I’m trying different colors to see what could be a different and unusual color but still work for the overall image. Because I’m still playing I haven’t started on the background water.

ks

Kevin Slaby

KEVIN$

I blocked in some color to help guide me with the direction of the water flow.

ks

Kevin Slaby

TomMather

Bouncing around a bit so far this month. I’ve been working on this large (18×36) view of Canyon de Chelly National Monument in Arizona for a few weeks. It’s much larger than I usually work, so it’s a bit intimidating and time consuming.

So, to relieve my boredom I dashed off this small (6×8) painting of a marsh mallow, a wild hibiscus that grows around here and blooms in the summer. Then I got tired of painting landscapes, so started my first portrait in about 25 years. It’s a Dutch girl who just happened to be standing in the background while I photographed the Anne Frank house in Amsterdam.

TomMather

Another small landscape that I just finished. I was hiking in the park near my home, and the late afternoon sun was lighting up some ferns and tree trunks against the dark woods. I tried to capture the moment in painting from some photos that I snapped that day.

Alysed

I’ve been struggling this month to get time for painting, but I started this today. Its just an under painting but at least I’m starting to be able to see the idea that I’ve been keeping in my head for the last several weeks. It’s on an oil primed fabric wrapped board that I made. Lately I’ve been frustrated with my surfaces and I’m excited to try out this smoother surface.

Mona95

Finishing touches left

KEVIN$

Got to play with this piece some more today doing the foreground water/wave.. Not bad so far. I repainted the background wave 9 different times over the last two weeks before I was finally happy with it.

ks

Kevin Slaby

Alysed

I was able to carve out some more time to work in this today. It definitely needs some color layers but it is further along. The lighting makes it look a bit warmer than it is in real life. It’s hard to get a good photo at night.

Sam :)

I waited a looong time to paint the next layer, Nova is now 7 months old… hoping to finish this before she turns 1 :)

[ATTACH]867794[/ATTACH]

KEVIN$

Good progress tonight with blocking in the large rocks and some of the water crashing/tricking over them.

ks

Kevin Slaby

Donny Seib

I guess I’m close to done, but I always say that. I’ll probably change some things after it sits around for a little while. I often look at it differently after awhile.

Michaelshane

Someday everything is going to be different,when I paint my masterpiece.
                                                                Bob Dylan.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.