WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Sculpture
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#406   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-27-2015, 06:16 PM
WC! Guide
OH USA

Hails from United States
Re: The Sculptor's Stand

Okay, new subject, and I hope some folks respond to it! I just saw a thread on LinkedIn that asked if Jeff Koons is a plagiarist. So I looked up his artwork and don't have an answer to THAT question, but my goodness, I sure am wondering about my own paintings (yes, paintings). There's one on his page called "Hulk Elvis" that looks like a goofy self-portrait I did years ago. http://www.jeffkoons.com/artwork/hulk-elvis That's his. This is mine: http://artfaces.com/profile/sappington/ (the pink one). I never considered mine to be "art" but Koons' "Hulk Elvis" isn't far off from mine. Maybe I'm a great painter and had no clue??? LOL. Thought it might be a fun discussion to start.
  #407   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-28-2015, 12:29 PM

Ya, it looks similar alright but I like yours better and especially after seeing it's a self-portrait and reading the description. Very cute. Whymsical just like you are and with a big mouth that not only sings but burps. You may just have to do some more abstracts I say!

My website My Blog Join me on Facebook
  #408   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-29-2015, 12:37 AM
WC! Guide
OH USA

Hails from United States

LOL, I figure if a piece needs a title or description to be understood, it isn't necessarily good art (just my opinion). Admittedly, there's a LOT of art out there that I need a title or description to understand. Maybe it's my own shortcoming, who knows?

That abstract was a class assignment in a workshop I took. I really liked how it turned out. I'm truly shocked to see something people consider "art" that looks so much like it!!

I haven't looked at that self-portrait in years, and hadn't read the description - except for just now - in a very long time too. It's amazing how well that self-portrait, and the description, depict me! LOL Glad you like it!